Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: MNF Pats @ Bengals

shocking lewis doesnt go for it.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well down to 2 scores. ahah too bad there is exactly zero chance they hold them from scoring.

[/ QUOTE ]

brady may throw a pick.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:44 PM

i think u go for it for there
Old 10-01-2007, 10:45 PM

why do they have the shittiest games on national broadcasts? cowboys bills next monday and falcons giants the next week (when they could be showing the patriots vs cowboys)
Old 10-01-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any fan that pulls for their fantasy team over their real team is not a real fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the fan that bets against his favorite team?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are gonna bet against them they shouldn't celebrate when their bet comes through.

I will draft players against the Broncos because I want to win, but I will celebrate when my guy gets shut down by our defense. I would lose every FF game in every league for a Broncos superbowl without a second thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I win money when my fantasy team wins. I win...what, happiness points when my real team wins? People who make posts like the one you did are too involved in a team that doesn't care about them and takes a lot of joy in accomplishments they had absolutely no hand in.

I'm a fan of teams because they are fun to watch, have talented players, stuff like that. Not because I was born there. I'm sorry if this doesn't meet your cutoff for "real fan."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its appropriate to judge what I take joy in, or that I am too involved in something. The happiness I get from my team winning far outweighs the money I get from Fantasy. Then again I'm not in any 5k buy in FF leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you are the arbiter of what a real fan is? I'm overstepping my bounds, but you decide who the real fans are?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I shoulda qualified in my humble little opinion I don't consider that a quality of a true fan. Unfortunately I have no authority on the matter, and you are more than welcome to disagree with me. I apologize if I implied that I had authority on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is, you (correctly) tell me that I'm in no position to judge your priorities or how much joy you get from your teams success, but then you still feel like you are in a great position to decide who is a true fan and who isn't. If its inappropriate for me, its the same for you.

Obviously you are welcome to your opinion, but then so am I. It just seems hypocritical to tell me I'm out of line after the post you made.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 PM

lol

"Yeah, well if you have another stroke you could lose your memory and have it taken from you"

My friend after Bruschi went on and on about how nobody could ever take the feeling of 3 SBs away from him.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol

"Yeah, well if you have another stroke you could lose your memory and have it taken from you"

My friend after Bruschi went on and on about how nobody could ever take the feeling of 3 SBs away from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahahahahaha
Old 10-01-2007, 10:49 PM

Dude, whats your problem? I don't think its a negative to not be a true fan of a team. I just believe that anyone that enjoys personal game success (like FF) over their team winning is not a real fan of the team, but rather they enjoy watching the team. That isn't a bad thing. I'm not judging the fact you have your priorities different... but I consider true fans to place their teams success over personal little games.

Whatever, Xorbie said it best.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why do they have the shittiest games on national broadcasts? cowboys bills next monday and falcons giants the next week (when they could be showing the patriots vs cowboys)

[/ QUOTE ]

The DAL-NE game is such an obvious choice to have nationally - the TV distribution maps aren't out yet but I'm hoping that that one makes it to LA somehow.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:51 PM

I love that Brady can be 18-24 and that that's an off night.