Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Poor Customer Service Experience =(

[ QUOTE ]
if he asks to speak to a supervisor, he should be able to speak to a supervisor

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this, but thought maybe a day off will relax me. the lady i spoke with was understanding and i wrote an e-mail to their "contact us" section on the website. i basically said, "thanks for making sure i was satisfied in the end. etc etc"
Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at an Ardmore, Oklahoma McDonald's. I order a Sausage McMuffin value meal. This middle aged black lady (think Wanda Sykes, with all of her attitude but none of her charm) says, "What kind of McMuffin?" I say, "A Sausage McMuffin value meal." She says, "So you want a Sausage McMuffin?" I say, "Yes, a Sausage McMuffin value meal." She says, "Do you want a value meal?" I say, "Yes." She says, "What number value meal?" I say, "The Sausage McMuffin value meal, number 2."

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh. Either the cashier is dumb or just being a nit.

For some reason KFC employees seem to be the worst of the group, even though I don't go there much. They'd routinely screw up my Bowl order (gave me gravy like five straight times when I clearly and EXPLICITLY said "BBQ" and fed that back to them. Finally one time I checked before I left the premesis and sure enough, gravy and went in and demanded the correct item. Wrote a nastygram through the KFC website and never heard a thing. To be fair I said "no need to bother me").

Awhile back I was in a drive-thru at KFC. It was just me, it was a slow time of day. "May I help you" and then he left the mic open and I could hear him BSing with some other workers because it was obviously slow. I gave him my order, he said "pull around", and when I got to the window he asked me for the order again. Ass, making me waste my breath while he dicked around. But this is one of those things, I am paranoid about having my food messed with even though I have been told it's super rare that they do.

Then last week I was in a Safeway buying a prepackaged salad for $4.99. I usually pay credit/debit because I hate change but it happened to be the only thing I was buying and I had a $5 bill on me. It would be way quicker to just give her the $5 and go than swipe my card and punch the screen a few times.

Well when I walked up she was BSing with some employee about her age and his age, small talk. When I get there the other employee starts to walk away. She proceeds to have this inane conversation with him while I'm standing right in front of her. Then she scans the item, takes my $5 and holds it in the air while she turns around and talks to him some more. I could not believe it, cashiers tend to make decent money for what they do and this was ridiculous. Finally she completed the transaction, by this point there were easily three people in line behind me. A transaction that couldn't have taken more than ten seconds lasted at least a minute. It's as close as I've ever come to completely losing it on a service industry employee.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:03 PM

I had a multitude of problems with Comcast cable the first couple months I was in my current house, but eventually they were corrected. Several tech visits resulted in my HD/DVR box being swapped out a few times.

In December 2006, I wanted to watch the Packers/Vikings on NFL network, but I needed to upgrade my cable package to get the channel. So I called and upgraded, intending to cancel the next day (I haven't canceled that package because I like some of the other stuff I got and it's only $5 a month, but they took NFL network out of the package...yay).

During the conversation, the CSR and I came to realize that I had been charged for a second cable box from when my service started, which was about a year and a half of overcharges. I never noticed because I thought the "Digital Service A/O" or whatever the line item said was just a typical charge. The CSR said she'd have to forward this on to someone who can credit my bill.

Weeks went by and nothing happened.

More weeks went by and nothing happened, despite a few calls. We were now at March 2007 and my free three months of HBO, which I received for upgrading my service, were about to expire. I called Comcast to cancel HBO, while at the same time addressing the overcharges that were not only still not credited back to me, but also still on the bill every month (it's like $5/month, so I wasn't freaking out about it).

The CSR was actually able to credit me for four of the charges, but for some reason, had to hand it off to someone else to do the rest. In the meantime, I requested that my free HBO be extended for my troubles. To my surprise, she gave me SIX more months. Sold.

Well, the six months are about up and I'll be calling to try to get more. They still haven't credited me back all the money they owe me. To be honest, I haven't bothered them about it because I want to use it as a bargaining chip now that I'm hooked on HBO. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and my cable internet constantly goes out unless I have the modem hooked up directly to the wall jack. Thus, I can't watch TV in my office where the modem is. Several techs have come out to fix that and none have succeeded.