Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Nearly had my best round of the year. But, best in months by FAR. Actually, I'd say it was my best round, but not my best score. -4, 5 birdies in the first 7 holes, an eagle (drove a par 4 to 18' and made it), a double (OB...this made me very mad after back-to-back birds), and a bogey. Firing on all cylinders, felt great.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:05 PM

Went out Tuesday morning to West Seattle. Tee time at 9.15, kyleb texts at 8.30 saying his shoulder is sore from baseball over the weekend and can't make it, which translates to I just woke up and I'm sleepy still and just enough of a little bitch to actually back out. So it was just me and Entity.

Played absolutely terrible for the first 3 holes, including a quad bogey. Caught an awesome break on the par5 4th when I hit my 3rd shot way left with a 6iron and it bounded off a tree directly onto the green for GIR prop bet cash money. Played pretty mediocre the rest of the way with 2 frustrating 3putts. The greens had so much dew layer on them and I couldn't seem to get it thru my thick skull to roll the ball harder, but that was done by the 8th and I putted alright the rest of the way.

Ended up with a 95. I swore I was down a few hundred by the end of the round, but turns out I was +$105, woot!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ended up with a 95. I swore I was down a few hundred by the end of the round, but turns out I was +$105, woot!

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like rob is a pretty huge fish
Old 10-25-2007, 06:07 PM

Here's what I shot today with the club I'm going to end up getting (Ping G-10 12 deg loft, TFC129 stiff shaft*)

97 mph clubhead speed
143 mph ball speed
98% Efficiency
10.8 Launch Angle
2300 Backspin
+10 Path Angle
+2 Attack Angle

Somehow my driver swings have crept to coming too far from the inside (I need to work on that), other than that all this seems ok? This club gave by far the best results, because probably 12 degrees is that best angle for me. The 11 degree and lower clubs, I hit too low.

(*They only actually had this club with the regular shaft but with my swing speed it should be about the same. I'll test it quickly when I pick the club up.)
Old 10-25-2007, 06:33 PM

40 (par 37). Finally carrying two putters pays off - after failing miserably on the green for the first five holes I switched and closed with 2 one putts and 2 two putts.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:38 PM

-3 through 9 today. 9 GIR, 6/7 fairways...playing very well, but didn't have enough time for 18 so I was upset since I felt that I could beat my -5 PB this time. Oh well, playing Bear Mountain for the 2nd time this Saturday and my -4 the other day, and today's round are really boding well.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm breakeven with btal after a few times out now. The lines are pretty close but we decided I need 2:1 on GIR and a few other adjustments but it's not that far off.

Rob
Old 10-25-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW if by huge fish you mean horrible golfer then I agree. I golfed a 121 and it wasn't that bad by my standards. Getting better though (129 -> 125 -> 121). Putting feeling much better but my irons game was horrible this last time. Topped at least 10 shots over the course of 18.

Rob
Old 10-26-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW if by huge fish you mean horrible golfer then I agree. I golfed a 121 and it wasn't that bad by my standards. Getting better though (129 -> 125 -> 121). Putting feeling much better but my irons game was horrible this last time. Topped at least 10 shots over the course of 18.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah i meant betting fish. but apparently you suck at golf too. haha.

i gotta try to get out there sometiem and hustle you donkeys.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:26 PM

Meh. Rob really isn't taking the worst of it on our bets. He's so close to putting together a round that would destroy me in props. He putted way way better than he ever has before and gave up lots of strokes in ways he hasn't in a long time. Sometime in the next 5 rounds he's gonna crush me by $500 and we're gonna have to do a massive line adjustment on pretty much all our props and lines. He'll be breaking 100 by spring.