Table '58338527 1' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: malicous222 (3365 in chips)
Seat 2: APerfectGent (985 in chips)
Seat 3: bigjoe2003 (5220 in chips)
Seat 4: zangbezan24 (190 in chips)
Seat 9: Dsavo (3740 in chips)
zangbezan24: posts small blind 100
Dsavo: posts big blind 200

The thing that sucks about trying to analyze future hands is that with the blinds so low compared to three of the stacks at the table, push/fold isn't really going to happen and there's just too many potential actions left to consider.

As for future action being worth a somewhat-arbitrary $500, I think that number is a little bit high. That's 2.64% of the prize pool. If we assume he's winning the hand about 40% of the time, that means he needs to make up 6.6% in the future hands to get to $500. This has to happen before the stacks smooth out again, or get to some configuration that isn't really unique to him winning this particular hand. If I had to make my own arbitrary guess, I'd put the "future hands" edge at maybe $200: 1% total so 2.6% when he wins this hand.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: 2k turbo, ?

a lot of really horrible discussion going on here from what i can tell, about what is a pretty interesting hand.

from what i know about zang, i'd put him in the range of laggier, trickier, more aggressive players, at all forms of poker. I think that while i expect him to have a ten here sometimes, a 9 here sometimes, i think i expect to find him with Ax, Kx, QJ, other random crap, enough to make this a call. there's tons of players i would absolutely just drop the hand on the turn, and there's probably even people where the famous "how fast did you call on the turn" comes in to play in a major way on the river.

so yeah, i think i call here, and expect great railtard action no matter what the results.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:18 PM

How often do you complete with a hand that has a 9 or T in it here? How often to you limp overpairs here? What does your opponent believe in that regard. As has been said in this thread, it's all "I think that you think I think you think..." Not that there's really a correct answer in all of it.

My guess is he had a T though and wanted you to pay off with your AA (or KK). Even if he only had a 9, I could certainly see how he could value shove (and dissuade you from going deep in hands with him in blinds OOP). A bluff on the River on that board just seems bad against most.

Of course, if you're friends, maybe he's just trying to haze you with a 3 barrel bluff...
Old 08-22-2007, 03:58 PM

Cit,
I really don't think he ever has ace high.
First I except him to shove a lot of ace high hands preflop.
Secondly I don't think he ever bets the turn with ace high. It would be a ridiculously elaborate bluff or vbet if he did have ace high.
Even Kx I think he checks back the turn a lot, but I can see him going bet bet to fold out ace high or JJ+.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:11 PM

I ended up calling and he had 68o. I think he would have value shoved any boat on the river. It was a very obonxious hand because my KK turned into basically Khigh. I really thought the bet on the turn was too perfect, in the sense that when he shoved the river the first thought that went through my head was "I can still fold and have alot of chips", which made me decide that he did it on purpose and so I called hoping to see 67,68,7J, 8J, QJ, I thought that was the biggest part of his range. I dunno, also Gravy said he would fold so I wanted to call to show him whos boss. Besides if I didn't make hero calls then how could I make a BigJoe Hero Call shirt?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really thought the bet on the turn was too perfect, in the sense that when he shoved the river the first thought that went through my head was "I can still fold and have alot of chips", which made me decide that he did it on purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Imperium bets that small amount on the turn because he wants to have a big allin bet left on the river, so you should call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im so happy with myself right now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think I should move up. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]