Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Complaining to British regulators about Neteller

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PS Dav the UK regulators would not let the US customers get shafted to protect EU customers it would destroy the City of London if non EU customers felt they were not protected by our regulation - you are pointing to a normal company legal structure for regulatory purposes not some conspiracy to leave out US citizens from protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

US customers of Neteller are not protected by UK legislation. Read the Financial Services Act. How in gods name you can think that a US customer of an Isle of Man company would be, I really can't fathom at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am talking about the continuing operation of the group of companies not an individual consumers ability to complain via the ombudsman which is all you are talking about. Even then any US consumer adversely treated compared to an EU customer would have recourse to the courts.

The framework of legislation that the company operates within protects all the company's customers.

In terms of the criminal law When you deal with a company subject to UK law they need to obey the law, they can't just go oh yeah he's from the US/Zimbabwe/Iraq/Iran/Timbuktu so I can nick his money - it would still be illegal wherever you were from.