Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Heroes - Hatefest 10-22-07

[ QUOTE ]
I actually enjoyed this episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually disappointing. Tonight was the first time I arrived home 40 minutes into the show and, having been so let down this season, just went ahead and watched the last 20 minutes cold instead of waiting for full episode on the PVR.

With any other show once I stop caring whether I see the full episode the end is nigh. Hopefully tonight was a turning point.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First good episode of the season.

I think it's because no bleeding-eyes histrionics-girl and retinue, which is now the most annoying storyline by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Claire is not a great episode, but was sufficiently good last year that I'm still willing to cut her some slack. There is nothing even slightly redeeming or interesting about Maya and Alejandro. In fact, I want Skylar to kill them just so I don't have to look at them any more.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:46 PM

I definitely enjoyed tonight's episode. Or, at least, there wasn't much a hated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I actually didn't mind Parkman or Mohinder's acting. It helped that the New Orleans thread consisted mostly of her doing cool stuff and saying "Whoa". Maybe she has the power to imitate Keanu.

Any speculation on which (white) guy is Veronica Mars's dad? Is it the Midas-touch guy? Is he really "running the company" now? He's a whole lot less "leader"ish than Linderman. He needs to at least get better suits.

Speaking of goldfinger, why didn't he at least start to turn Nikki's arm into gold when she was choking him? I know, it's probably just metal, blah blah blah. But he's got a super-power; it'd be nice if he didn't just use it for performing metallurgy on spoons.

Do we assume that Nightmare-man's about how Parkman's power "can be so much more" was just a con? Or did it have something to do with Parkman's ability to wake-up from the nightmare? I thought he was just "reading" the security guard, but then they had the hamfisted conversation about how he was able to wake up.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do we assume that Nightmare-man's about how Parkman's power "can be so much more" was just a con? Or did it have something to do with Parkman's ability to wake-up from the nightmare? I thought he was just "reading" the security guard, but then they had the hamfisted conversation about how he was able to wake up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was telling the truth.

I thought it was funny when Parkman was astonished that his dad could also read minds. You know, because I never would have guessed that my dad could do what I could do after knowing my dad could [censored] up somebody's mind from anywhere in the world.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 PM

I hope Midas man can turn people to gold too. He might not have wanted to hurt Nicky, knowing it was only her other personality that was attacking him.

I definately think Parkman will gain powers like his Dad's.

Micah's cousin seems like she could be cool, but the scene with the jumprope was the dumbest thing ever. I would have loved to see her play ball.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question for those who enjoyed Heroes last season: I still have all of this season on my DVR waiting to watch but these hate threads are discouraging. Should I even bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's gotten off to a slow start, but it's showing signs of improving as the season goes along.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely enjoyed tonight's episode. Or, at least, there wasn't much a hated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I actually didn't mind Parkman or Mohinder's acting. It helped that the New Orleans thread consisted mostly of her doing cool stuff and saying "Whoa". Maybe she has the power to imitate Keanu.

Any speculation on which (white) guy is Veronica Mars's dad? Is it the Midas-touch guy? Is he really "running the company" now? He's a whole lot less "leader"ish than Linderman. He needs to at least get better suits.

Speaking of goldfinger, why didn't he at least start to turn Nikki's arm into gold when she was choking him? I know, it's probably just metal, blah blah blah. But he's got a super-power; it'd be nice if he didn't just use it for performing metallurgy on spoons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked Micah's cousin as well. She seems like a good character.

Her dad might be Bob, it's the only person we know old enough in the company.

His power's pretty good even if he can only turn non-living objects into gold. He's more of an ATM than Micah.

Parkman's dad's power might be Matt's to another level, it could make sense if level 1 is reading and level ? is messing with the mind.

Sylar better be going to the buffet next week.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First good episode of the season.

I think it's because no bleeding-eyes histrionics-girl and retinue, which is now the most annoying storyline by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both posts were correct. Those are two of the three worst storylines atm. The third one is Ando... not Hiro, which is ok if not good, but the stupid communication between them. Presumably it's just a way to keep Ando visible and make sure we know he's not going anywhere, but it's damned annoying. Also not included was copycat girl's brother who I hope to never see again.

This was definitely the best episode so far.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked Micah's cousin as well. She seems like a good character.

[/ QUOTE ]

Charles Deveaux is the most likely by far. He even has a French last name, which points to New Orleans.

Also along these lines, it's worth noting that there are 5 unknowns from the Company Pic. 2 white men (possibly including Sylar's father), 2 white women (possibly including Nikki's mom) and 1 black woman (possibly DL's mom). Of course we also know for a fact the Haitian isn't a child of the company and it seems extremely unlikely for the Mexicans, the Israeli and most of Sylar's victims, so it's possible no one is related to anyone.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Charles Deveaux is the most likely by far. He even has a French last name, which points to New Orleans.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, do you mean biological father? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I thought we were talking about the electric girl (the one talking on the cell to "daddy"), not the copycat. I don't see the resemblance...

You're right that Deveaux might be related to the cousins somehow, but he was Simone's father in S1. How come she never had any power? If dad could dream-walk, then the Heroes Rules say that she gets SOME power, right? Not just Super GettingShot.