Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: looking to stake people part 3

I want to stake people, but only for donkaments because I think staking people for cash games can lead to shady business.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:04 AM

No real need to be staked but if you can help me become an awesome HU player i'd be down for some kind of profit sharing in exchange for coaching. If you see potential and want to stake me for higher than my regular stakes (100nl) then thats up to you.

I have all the time in the world to dedicate to any coaching regime if you guys decide to go with me. Heres my last month and a halfs results.

Not sure if you guys are looking for 6 max players but i'd like to focus my attention on getting better at HU cash.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 AM

Never thought I would respond to one of these, but I'm in the most frustrating situation right now!

Anyway here's the lowdown...

I've been playing poker for about 2 years now, and about 18 months online. I received a free $50 from Party back then and have never deposited since. I had won ~$15000 (after making withdrawals along the way) up to 6 months ago at which point I was a 5PTBB/100 winner at stakes up to NL400. I then withdrew all but $1000 to pay for a 1 month trip to the US with a friend. After returning I have been at uni and have not had an income at all. For the past 4 or 5 months I've been living off my credit card while playing poker online. At the end of each month when my credit card bill comes up I withdraw the $1000 or so I need and pay it off, a hugely low EV idea but its all I can do right now! Basically this has resulted in grinding 50NL and more recently 100NL, for a painful amount of time!

I've been a consitently winning player and feel I can beat the games at up to NL400 pretty solidly with my current level of play, but unfortunately I never leave myself with enough cash online! I ALWAYS want to learn more and have a bunch of friends who I discuss poker with regularly (most are winning players at NL400 and above). Ultimately I would love an oppurtunity to start making some real money!

Here's my last 10000 hands:

I run at 22/17 and am currently playing on Full Tilt (but am Australian so I'm thinking about getting back to Party...)
Old 09-02-2007, 03:35 AM

I'm a successful limit player who just started playing NL. I'm doing well so far at 100NL, but only have 7K hands under my belt (up a little over 10 buyins). I've got a decent bankroll already, but with coaching and a stake the process would be greatly accelerated and beneficial for us both.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:48 AM

i could be interested in a staking deal for stakes 3/6 and 5/10nl (and above obv [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). i consider my biggest leak to be dealing with variance, but aside from that i would say that i could learn to beat those games pretty fast with a bit of work and some guidance. i think i would be a good candidate for this idea as i would like to move up in limits and i think i can def learn to beat them, but doing it this way will help make it an easier transition and i can focus on playing well instead of worrying about the inevitable big swings.

i took up online poker seriously in February. Got a new computer sometime in april and have my results since then at 1/2 and 2/4nl. i have recently started to tweak my style a bit, specifically loosening up a bit preflop and lowering my overall AF slightly. i have changed my party sn and dont really want to reveal it for now.

i play on Party pretty much exclusively fwiw. anyone who might be interested in organising something plz PM me and we can have a chat about it. i would only be interested in doing this kind of thing for stakes higher than 2/4, although i am happy to start off there just to demonstrate that i dont suck.

edit: oh and btw, i am playing poker full time atm and am willing to put in a LOT of time and effort to improve. i am getting much better at tilt management so i think i would prove to be a very worthwhile investment [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 04:17 AM

I made about 80k playing 10-20 sh limit (1.9bb/100 over 80k hands)/40-80 live limit hold em, but blew most of it tilting at big games online. i just graduated from yale, and i think some posters here can vouch for my potential. i played scary_tiger heads up 10-20 lhe last week, and he quit me, which made me feel like God. i'm going to start 4-tabling .25/.5 nlhe in a week, but with proper staking and coaching, i'm confident that could beat 1-2 or 2-4 nl.

edit: my biggest problem is tilt-control. playing live, this has never been an issue, but it resurfaces time and time again when playing online. i mention this because i want to give you guys a fair picture of my negative and positive attributes as a poker player.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:36 AM

in my most recent stake, I lost over 700BB in 90K hands. i am very good. please stake me.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:13 AM

I would like coaching, but don’t need a stake. I’m currently in a study group that originated from CR forums, and currently 6-7 tabling $100nl 6max on FTP.

I'm always looking to get better and would like to move up to mid stakes sometime this year. Currently saving up to get several lessons with a coach, but if you guys can take me on that would be awesome.

Re-started playing in March, here is my hud-bot graph March-June:

Started experimenting with light 3-betting, July graph:

Better hud-bot now, August-September:

Lifetime graph:

My Poker Blog

My Study Group Blog (not much there now, we mostly do email discussions and sweats)
Old 09-02-2007, 11:38 AM

I am currently a poor college student and have no money to put online to play right now. I'm a sophomore in college but my classes are pretty light this semester so I should be able to put in lots of while at school. I have been doing lots of studying of the game recently such as reading the forums and books so I can get back into the swing of things. I guess I'll let these screen shots do the rest of the talking for me. Thanks

Stats:

NL $25 Graph:

NL $100 Graph:

NL $200 Graph

Old 09-02-2007, 12:18 PM

Well im interested in both a stake and getting coached. I think I have potential and id like to play .5/1 1/2 and maybe more evenutally. I only have the hands since I moved to fulltilt cause my HD crashed but the stats were similar to that. you can see that I dont play that much hands but ill be able to play a bit more in the future( around 15-20k month maybe)

Closed Thread