Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Prematurely tabling cards in MTT

In a tournament yesterday at the Borgata, Player A prematurely tabled his hand on the river before Player B had a chance to act. Before Player B could see what was tabled, the dealer covered Player A's cards with his hand. Player B then made his action, and the hand was completed.

I was not involved in the hand, and so I kept quiet. But did the dealer act properly? In other words, once a player tables his hand, even if done prematurely, isn't the hand now exposed for all to see regardless of what action remains?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Prematurely tabling cards in MTT

I personally don't see a problem with it, other than it could probably lead to a whole mess of angles (not necessarily sure what, though). I would rather the dealer flip the cards back over if possible, however. Interesting query, though.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a tournament yesterday at the Borgata, Player A prematurely tabled his hand on the river before Player B had a chance to act. Before Player B could see what was tabled, the dealer covered Player A's cards with his hand. Player B then made his action, and the hand was completed.

I was not involved in the hand, and so I kept quiet. But did the dealer act properly? In other words, once a player tables his hand, even if done prematurely, isn't the hand now exposed for all to see regardless of what action remains?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is heads up, I don't see why you would expose the hand. If there are more players with live hands, then exposing the hand may be proper so everyone has the same information. I played in a tournament in Wendover a couple of months ago, and their rule was that prematurely exposing your hand for any reason killed your hand, so YMMV (by the way, I think that is a horrible rule made by lazy staff).
Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM

KITN for player flipping cards over prematurely. 1 Get out of KITN Free card for dealer.