Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-24-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: 10/20 hand, should I jsut buy a skirt?

[ QUOTE ]
And I mean what if he checks and another one of the countless players in the hand shoves before us....

[/ QUOTE ]

that is not what happeneed
Old 11-24-2007, 03:43 PM

When somebody bets this flop into 5 people the amount of fold equity you have is probably pretty low. That's a good reason not to c/r AI since you don't have enough equity + it looks like a flushdraw.

How many fold equity do you need to profitably c/r this allin? Give the current pot size etc.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:05 PM

CRAI is fine/good and better since the bet came from late position. I kinda like playing AA like that too.

I dunno though, i've probably played like 3 pots this month where this many people saw the flop so this hand is new to me in that regard.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10 handed 10/20 game, full stacks for everyone involved. I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG, and to my surprise I get 5 cold callers. The players who cold called are a combination of tags and taggy fish. So 6 handed to the flop.

450 dollar pot on flop. Flop comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I have no clue what to do, so I check. 2 other guys check, then a tag bets 400 dollars, the 2 guys behind him fold. The 2 players behind me if I call are somewhat taggish. what do I do now?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many problems with just calling here, no?
1) If one of the players behind us pushes the flop.
2) We will get put AI on a blank Turn.
3) Our action probably gets killed if we hit on the Turn as our hand is pretty obvious.
4) One of the tow players could have AXs and we want to get them to fold. We call & they get pretty good odds to draw.

So I think if we are gonna continue we gotta push. I wouldn't be too worried about the guys behind as if they did have sets they probably would have bet once the PFR (checks) for fear it gets checked through.

With the way people on 2+2 are so hyper aggressive with draws, I am kinda surprised eveyone isn't screaming push in this spot.

So I think Push > Fold > Call.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:24 PM

I think cbet/folding is far superior to any other line in this hand. Now that he bet, I think it's a fold, as you likely have little FE and your line would look a lot like a draw. Calling is the worst option for a variety of reasons that people have already state.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When somebody bets this flop into 5 people the amount of fold equity you have is probably pretty low. That's a good reason not to c/r AI since you don't have enough equity + it looks like a flushdraw.

How many fold equity do you need to profitably c/r this allin? Give the current pot size etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know you're ahead of many hands that can call?? 9x TT-JJ
Old 11-24-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think cbet/folding is far superior to any other line in this hand. Now that he bet, I think it's a fold, as you likely have little FE and your line would look a lot like a draw. Calling is the worst option for a variety of reasons that people have already state.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf!! why should we care so much if it looks like a draw. Our draw is superior to many made hands. c/r AI and gamble or go play limit if you don't want to risk your stack in this spot.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:05 PM

Go allin
I think Cbet folding is pretty [censored] bad here beserk