Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-04-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: 3bet heuristics -- nl cash

[ QUOTE ]
Oh come on, some weirdos 3bet a wide range and turbo c/f flop unless they hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

And by "some" I mean, 3bet oop followed by flop check does not make me "scared, very scared" more often than not. With the opponents I play, I am scared less than 50% of the time--meaning, this is not a good heuristic in my case. (I have been playing mostly $50 and $100 the last few weeks, and I assume you play higher.)

Maybe I am not calling enough 3bets or something, so my postflop range is narrower and stronger than it should be, and this makes me less scared.

Or maybe I play more villains who are weak postflop.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:01 PM

i really like your question and hope a lot of people will respond on it. We could open up a whole discussion on 3 betting like calling ranges, 4 bet ranges and what we're stacking off with. It's all case by case though, what if you 3 bet with 6/7 and the flop is 7 4 2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 11:30 PM

It's player dependant.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:40 PM

/thread
Old 11-05-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i really like your question and hope a lot of people will respond on it. We could open up a whole discussion on 3 betting like calling ranges, 4 bet ranges and what we're stacking off with. It's all case by case though, what if you 3 bet with 6/7 and the flop is 7 4 2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

need more info.

do we have running flush draw?

if so, gambooooooool
Old 11-05-2007, 10:10 AM

2. call and see a flop
Old 11-05-2007, 01:56 PM

I like this question. Obviously it depends on a whole lot, but that goes without saying. i feel it is most commonly "i missed the flop and intend to fold" or "wow i just flopped a beast of a hand".

That being said, the two times i use the 3bet check flop are "i just missed the flop and there is no way my opponent missed the flop, hell my 3bet pre was just because they were foliding so much" and "my hand has definite showdown value, and i am going to have a hard time folding it, plus it is unlikely to be outdrawn, but i may well be way behing (ie AK on an AJJ board) so i am going to check, which makes sure i am as far ahead of my opponents range as i can be if they put money in the pot, as they may be bluffing".

I do not think it is too hard to figure which it is in most situations; you just have to consider their 3betting frequencies and continuation betting frequencies. In a vacuum I normally takes a small stab at the pot, and get out quick if they do anything but fold, but this might be a bit of a leak, i am not really sure.

I actually want to go away and have a bigger think about this though, so i might post again.