Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: assani ruining the SE forum

I think the problem people have with Assani is a combination of things. It's not just the signature, it's the signature combined with stuff like the onslaughts, like trying to pass off the oat-running gig as real, and the MTT hand where he took a year to post street-by-street decisions, kept bumping his thread every few points, and the decisions were ludicrous (like someone throwing up on the table on the turn, IIRC). They just all point to the mindset of someone who is either a huge troll, or completely and only concerned with what he posts and what's going on in his head, and more or less ignores how people are reacting to him or any direction a conversation might currently be taking.

...who suggested he might be autistic?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the problem people have with Assani is a combination of things. It's not just the signature, it's the signature combined with stuff like the onslaughts, like trying to pass off the oat-running gig as real, and the MTT hand where he took a year to post street-by-street decisions, kept bumping his thread every few points, and the decisions were ludicrous (like someone throwing up on the table on the turn, IIRC). They just all point to the mindset of someone who is either a huge troll, or completely and only concerned with what he posts and what's going on in his head, and more or less ignores how people are reacting to him or any direction a conversation might currently be taking.

[/ QUOTE ]

What it boils down to is that people want Assani banned because he's a disruptive influence.

[ QUOTE ]
...who suggested he might be autistic?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would explain a lot.

Personally, I think that anyone who feels the need to reply with any variant of "If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to put me on ignore", should be immediately banned. Very few threads go by without Assani inviting someone to put him on ignore.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain the whole "icy pots" thing? I've always wondered about that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 PM

Hopeless,

If you don't like what I have to say about Assani, feel free to put me on ignore.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hopeless,

If you don't like what I have to say about Assani, feel free to put me on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

ban plz.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani is a huge troll and people just feed him and feed him.
If its not onslaughts its derailing NBA threads with his Juan Dixon crap and now this retarded countdown.
Ban him already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to the 'Juan Dixon' crap?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM

CC - Assani is a huge Terps fan. I think he included Dixon in an MVP poll once. To me it's just a SE forum running joke and I don't think anyone takes it too seriously.

-Al
Old 10-30-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assani is a huge troll and people just feed him and feed him.
If its not onslaughts its derailing NBA threads with his Juan Dixon crap and now this retarded countdown.
Ban him already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to the 'Juan Dixon' crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was basically contending that Juan Dixon was a top 15 player in the NBA. I'm not going to find it.

He also bumped the Speedy Claxton is the best player in the NBA thread he started all the time.

He's just a big weirdo, basically.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What it boils down to is that people want Assani banned because he's a disruptive influence.

[/ QUOTE ]

most ppl dont want him banned. they want him to stop with the signature crap.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:16 PM

Aside from all the onlaught and countdown stuff, which is basically him not realizing that 2p2 is not a good target for this, the reason that Assani isn't liked in SE is that he makes a lot of controversial arguments that go against the common 2p2 groupthink of solely using a few advanced statistical measures to make your point. Usually, when someone tries to argue that Brady is better than Manning, it's easy for someone like Sublime or Thayer to respond with "haha, dvoa blah blah, youre an idiot." However, that doesn't work on Assani because he is calm, relentless and attacks those numbers with at least some semblance of logic. That means that they can't shut him up, and actually have to work a little to defend their arguments as opposed to making a standard one-line insult. I'm not saying these guys aren't smart or don't know what they're talking about, but compare their feelings on Assani to the feelings of people who usually make civil, thought-out posts like Tuq and PokerFink.