Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 07:55 PM

Default .25/50 Stars - River raise or call?

About 15 hands in. No real reads I remember.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (2 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero ?
Old 10-29-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: .25/50 Stars - River raise or call?

think about raising preflop.

i've been firing more on dry flops like this one, especially in position. you sometimes win and sometimes get a free river.

don't fold the river. don't raise the river.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:17 PM

Well, the fact that nobody bet on the turn tells me that nobody has a jack for a potential full house. Players looove to slowplay a jack on the turn, but by the turn they would've bet it. That goes also for slowplayed hands like 22, AA. 55, I don't know, but really? So we have the second nuts here and extremely likely the best hand.

Now the question is, how to extract most value... if you call, you get the bet from the small blind almost everytime, but if you raise small blind might fold. If the action had been check, bet, fold, Hero? it would be kind of hard decision, because you might raise both out and gain nothing.

However, since BB raised, it's almost sure BB is gonna call your raise and BB might even cap it. And SB might even call your raise. So yeah, raise!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd raise this to isolate the weak limper.

[ QUOTE ]
i've been firing more on dry flops like this one, especially in position. you sometimes win and sometimes get a free river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to bet this one. You're not really drawing to anything important and it's not a big enough pot to fuss over. Of course, had you raised preflop, then you'd be betting this 100%.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:27 PM

I think that I am with Tyler on this one.

I would call the river.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 12:29 AM

grunch

raises and calls if it's capped.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the fact that nobody bet on the turn tells me that nobody has a jack for a potential full house. Players looove to slowplay a jack on the turn, but by the turn they would've bet it. That goes also for slowplayed hands like 22, AA. 55, I don't know, but really? So we have the second nuts here and extremely likely the best hand.

Now the question is, how to extract most value... if you call, you get the bet from the small blind almost everytime, but if you raise small blind might fold. If the action had been check, bet, fold, Hero? it would be kind of hard decision, because you might raise both out and gain nothing.

However, since BB raised, it's almost sure BB is gonna call your raise and BB might even cap it. And SB might even call your raise. So yeah, raise!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB holds random cards pf and his most likley hand on the river is a smaller fluh than ours (we have 75% equity against two hearts). If we raise he could easily cap it even without the nuts. SB may pay us off with an A even if we raise. If he was bluffing he may fold even if we call. I don't like going for overcalls in this hand.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:18 AM

Just call the raise. re-raising don't really add value, you'll be spewing if he caps to your raise, and you pushed SB out with your re-raise.