Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 12:35 AM

Default A great story

Local insane 2/5 nl game, it's honestly the best i've played anywhere....ever- and that's week in and week out.

anywho

Me (900)
SB( 500)
BB (550)

2 limp to me
i raise to 25 w/ kk
SB calls
BB (Aymen) says "let's make it 75"
folds to me

I call
Sb calls

9 5 3R Flop (240 in the pot)

Sb checks
BB thinks for 10 seconds and says, "i'm all in." (475)

i think for about 30 seconds and have a bad feeling but really there is no way to get away if he has AA, so i call
sb folds.

conversation.

willie: "do you have Aces?"

Aymen: "No."

W: "oh, I have kings" and turn my hand faceup (not necessary for a cash game but i tend to do it when i think there is a cooler such as this appears to be.

A: "Oh I can't beat that..."

turn card

A: "i'm drawing dead"

river

I give a little fist pump and look up to see Aymen table black AA and start laughing hysterically at me.

your play?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: A great story

BB is an angle shooting bastard but you have no real recourse against him unless you can con some ignorant floor into ruling that he misrepresented his hand. I guess if you really wanted to you can wait for him in the parking lot.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:09 AM

Hint: When the hand becomes all-in between 2 players and you're 1 of the players, simply turn your hand over. If you are silly enough to ask, "What do you have?," or "Do you have xxx?," expect the other player to lie.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 AM

The other player was not angle shooting, he was just slowrolling. I know many times the house rules state that in "Cash games" when two or more players are all-in and there will be no more betting they still do not have to table their hands.
I am a firm believer that in today's poker society, with all the posers it should be the rule to table all-ins so that in big all-in pots nobody gets slowrolled for all or most their stack. I know it should be the responsibility of the player to show common courtesy and not slowroll, however; we all know this happens.

I guess if you wanted to stoop to his level, wait until the hand when you bust him and slooowroll him back. Make sure to do your best Felix Powers impersonation!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:21 AM

you let yourself get slowrolled. When you call, don't answer what you have, just shut up, let the dealer run the board out, and just wait for him to turn his hand over and turn yours over if you beat it.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:29 AM

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do here. He has not broken any rules by doing this, its just kinda poor etiquette to "laugh" at someone after they win a hand. FWIW, don't fist pump after you think you've won a hand. It's the biggest sign that you're new to the stakes/limits of the game. I like to try to be humble after a huge win/loss.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:17 PM

what kind of hand could he possibly have to be drawing dead with? ya should have figured something was fishy there...i've been slowrolled so many times it doesn't effect me anymore. i don't get excited one way or the other until the money is coming my way.

I wouldn't show him you are upset or else he'll see he got the better of you. I just laugh and maybe sometimes high-five the guy. It totally takes away from the mind game they were trying to play. Just like if someone picks on you at school...don't show em it hurt!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 PM

What did you put him on that you called his AI? QQ?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:40 PM

I've been slowrolled lots too, but it still bothers me every time. I can't bring myself to do it back, but it has been tempting when the situation has presented itself.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did you put him on that you called his AI? QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Local insane 2/5 nl game

[/ QUOTE ]

?? do you need to ask?