Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 07-30-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Qana

After what happened in Qana, Israelis generals should think two times before travelling to Europe. War crime is a serious offense.

This incident, two days after the arrival of US "smart bombs", may cost lifes of american citzens around the world.

Scenes like this is what terrorists are looking for to re-seed their evil.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Qana

It isn't necessarily a war crime, it is a quite complex judgment to make, but IMO it probably isn't based on the currently available information.

That being said, it will probably be perceived as one though, so the effect may be similar to if they had killed a lot of children intentionally.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:01 PM

As a Lebanese American, I am completely sickened by Israel. Just sickened. Destorying an entire country because of 2 soldiers. They act like Lebanon is Nazi Germany or Soviet Union. Ban me if you want. [censored] Israel and their terrorism against the Lebanese. I hope the entire Arab world fights back against these digsuting terrorists.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:07 PM

You just repeatedly refuse to acknowledge that 8 soldiers were also killed in the intial invasion by Hezbollah. This wasn't just a kidnapping, Hezbollah committed an act of war against Israel, and Israel has responded accordingly.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:23 PM

Just saw the coverage of the sec council on CNN on this subject and puked my guts out.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a Lebanese American, I am completely sickened by Israel. Just sickened. Destorying an entire country because of 2 soldiers. They act like Lebanon is Nazi Germany or Soviet Union. Ban me if you want. [censored] Israel and their terrorism against the Lebanese. I hope the entire Arab world fights back against these digsuting terrorists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peace for Lebanon will no longer come at the expense of peace for Israel.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

derosnec, do you truly believe that this is about 2 soldiers?

If you do and you have any connections over there, maybe you can make a few phone calls, and get the soldiers shipped back to Israel?

That is after all, what the gov't of Lebanon would do, IF it was interested in ending the conflict... don't you think!

ps... this discussion should probably go back into the main thread...
Old 07-30-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you do and you have any connections over there, maybe you can make a few phone calls, and get the soldiers shipped back to Israel?

That is after all, what the gov't of Lebanon would do, IF it was interested in ending the conflict... don't you think!

[/ QUOTE ]
The Lebanese gov't doesn't have the prisoners...
Old 07-30-2006, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Lebanese gov't doesn't have the prisoners...

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically it does, since Hezbollah is a part of the gov't.

But if you would like to think that it doesn't... the question would be... Why not???... what exactly has the Lebanese gov't been doing for the last few weeks to resolve this? (aside from providing logistic support and political cover to HZB)

I'll go even further... what exactly has the Lebanese gov't been doing to help its civilians in Southern Lebanon?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:43 PM

I take it none of you people saw the videos of missiles being shot out of that building in Qana. Seriously people, its almost like this was planned to trap the Israelis.