Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

yeah Teddy - I kind of alluded that earlier on in this thread.
Those 2-table $2100 buy-in bad-boys are not going to be filling up very quickly to be sure.
If they switched it around to 1-table they would fill-up MUCH more quickly. I would guess even more than twice as quickly as the 2-tables because when you get to 5 or 6 on a 1-table I think you can find people to grab those remaining seats pretty fast.
When you get to 5 or 6 on a 2-table then you tack on 3 or 4 more players who would be willing to jump in but don't even bother because it's not even close to starting. And those who do jump in don't really get it that much closer either.

I really hope Stars changes it over to 2-tables for step 6.
Even more, I hope I personally get to take advantage of this change.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:22 PM

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket
5th - 215 step 4 ticket + $25
6th-9th 215 step 4 ticket

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the single-table step 6 would lead to THAT many more leftover tickets, would it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob,

If only one player gets out at the final level and the other eight are getting recirculated throughout the steps, there is going to be a lot of leftover tickets.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:29 PM

T$ is a more specific form of Cash meant to keep money in tournaments,

W$ is a more specific form of T$ meant to keep money in the "world live tournaments things/"

We need P$ which would be a more specific form of W$. It accomplishes everything for both players and Pokerstars. The reason Pokerstars wont let you buy/sell/trade the step tickets are because they want the money to be kept in the PCA loop. By making P$ people get those instead of tickets, they can be bought and sold through sites just like T$/W$. Players can win a step and sell it or play more lower steps with them. I think its a good idea and has real potential. Dont think it would have time to be put into effect this year but IMO it would be great for next year.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see 1 table step 6 maybe something like this.

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket
5th - 215 step 4 ticket + $25
6th-9th 215 step 4 ticket

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's another vote for 1-table Step 6's with a single package and a flatter payout that includes re-entries into Step 6 and 5.

I'm currently sitting on a Step 6 ticket, but Jeff if you're still monitoring this thread, perhaps you could chime in as to whether you think the above scenario is even a possibility b/c if it were, then I'd wait to use it so I could play in it instead of the 3-prize 2-table Step 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an excellent chance that a one-table, 9-player Step "6A" will be added, awarding one PCA seat and "replays" in steps 5 or six to lower finishers.

That is not to say it is a certainty... but I'm told it may happen, and may happen soon.

Also, Poker Room Management has decided that unused tickets will definitely roll over to WSOP tickets for similar Steps, to begin after the conclusion of the PCA promotion. There may be a several week period when there are no Steps running (i.e. WSOP Steps might not start until March or so) so players are encouraged to use up all tickets in the PCA promotion -- if you don't, they won't be converted to cash and you'll have to wait for the WSOP steps.

If you're between 18 and 21 (i.e. ineligible to play in the WSOP), you'll likely *not* get a more direct cash or W$ conversion. You'll play for your WSOP seat and, if you win it, it'll be held until you're 21.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, am I correct that because winners of multiple prize packages are allowed to basically just accumulate as many trip packages as they can, but take them in the form of $W...

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

[ QUOTE ]
...and that there's a lot of high-stakes SNG pros that just buy-in directly to the $2,100 Step 6, and feast on the fishier players that bought in low and worked their way up? If so, perhaps some people would like some Steps tables that can ONLY be bought into with tickets won from the step just below.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our tournament director reads this forum, so I'll leave it to him to see this. Personally, I doubt it will happen as offering FOUR choices instead of two at the top would cause the Step 6's to go far less often... and based upon the Step 6 events that have run thus far, there doesn't seem to be as much cherry picking as you might think (i.e. there are more ticket winners entering than you'd guess).

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security
Old 10-12-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA

Anyone know the best way for Americans to deposit money onto stars now?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:36 PM

Moneygram
Old 10-12-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moneygram

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see moneygram as an option. Do you know if that still works?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:56 PM

It works fine - listed as Cash Transfer.

shoe - it's called 'cash transfer' among the deposit options. Read all the instructions there...or you can also search moneygram on here.

PSJeff - Thanks for all the info and for listening to our feedback.
Great news about the possibility of single-table Step 6's.

Really digging these steps on Stars so far even though I have yet to make it out of freaking Step 1.

[ QUOTE ]
It works fine - listed as Cash Transfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!!! didn't realize those were the same.