Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker and Disney

[ QUOTE ]

In a nutshell, Absolute Poker stole my money. Absolute Poker lied about stealing my money. Absolute Poker got caught. Absolute Poker then gave me a refund and said "Trust us, that's all we stole."

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot the last chapter, which is your feeble attempt at retribution. by the way, how much did you lose in the game? and how much did they pay you back? why can't you just tell us?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:54 PM

Although I dispute your premise, I am not attempting legal recourse. I am attempting economic recourse. Those of us who were cheated, or who take offense at an online poker company cheating its players and then failing to come clean and make amends, have the ability to provide public pressure to Absolute Poker's business to prompt them to change their course or suffer the economic consequences.

One of Absolute Poker's most valuable assets is its brand. One of the main ways in which that brand is developed and maintained is through World Series of Poker advertising that reaches the casual player.

One of Disney's most valuable assets is its brand. Disney attempts to associate that brand with wholesome, family-friendly entertainment. Public association with a dishonest offshore poker room does not fit well with Disney's desired brand image.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 PM

Ok so now I get it

Youre just several weeks to late to hop on the "HATE AP" banwagon and want to start your own?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:57 PM

As much as possible, I prefer not to disclose personal financial information on internet message boards. I will say that I have been refunded a five digit amount (seven including decimal points). I think that is sufficient information to establish my standing in this discussion.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so now I get it

Youre just several weeks to late to hop on the "HATE AP" banwagon and want to start your own?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much. I'm not sure why that would detract from the validity of my arguments, however.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:04 PM

I had a peppered turkey sandwich for lunch with kettle cooked bbq chips, a pickle, and some chicken noodle soup.

it was kinda big, but delicious and i must say that it definitely hit the spot.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:14 PM

So if you know who the cheaters are, and you believe to know the time period in which you were cheated, then use your PokerTracker software to see how much you lost to those individuals during that time span. This should essentially be the same thing AP did to refund you the aforementioned 5 digit amount (oh... 7 with decimals, lol). This shouldnt be that hard to reconstruct.

For the obv reply, if you dont have a PT DB then i would definetly be requesting all HHs from Absolute and importing them into a new DB to start the detective work.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so now I get it

[/ QUOTE ]
Kinda sounds like, IF THIS IS VALID, that he prolly had to wait a couple weeks for AP to investigate and then give him aforementioned 5 digit credit...

Last thing, why do you think you are owed more? How have you come to that conclusion, you were given an amount that AP says is correct. What evidense (i.e. PT DB) do you have that makes you think you were shorted? In other words how do you know $10,000.00 from $10,500.25?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if you know who the cheaters are, and you believe to know the time period in which you were cheated

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the cheaters that Absolute has admitted to, and the time period during which Absolute has admitted that I was cheated. This does not equal being able to know exactly how much I was cheated out of.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:26 PM

Calvin,
Do you realize why people are giving you a hard time? You are basically saying, "ya they made retributions but it's not enough." People are asking how much you think is enough. You give no answer and say you really have no idea. So it comes off as you just wanting money back that you may have legitimately lost.

If you could say, I lost xx,xxx during that time period and they only gave me yy,yyy back, then people may side with you. As it is now you are coming off as a loser who just wants money he is not entitled to. Nobody is disagreeing that Absolute is terrible, but they can't just give everyone who was down in that time period everything they lost back.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:44 PM

Calvin,

Ill stop the flames for just a minute.

You say youre not sure why it detract from the validity of your arguments.....Im not sure I see any arguement here.

I take it you dont have PokerTracker?

If you purchase it you can still import all of your hands(they are saved on your comp), after that you can see exactly how much you lost to the cheat accounts after the update.

Sure it sucks that what happened happened, and some people have def been getting dicked around with how much they got(I personally was only shorted about the amount of the promised interest...but a few have been shorted far more).

Im just saying that you coming on here and being like...."I didnt get a full refund...I just know it!" isnt going to accomplish much.

Go buy PT and import your hands. Go from there.