Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: The Revolution - Game Thread

Ok, the thing is that we all view things through our own role. One of the things I looked for was how people reacted to my claims. A lot of reactions made sense, either skepticism and confusion, or like Luckay and DMK, straight forward support. Mets made this post that laid it out as a logic puzzle shortly after make the claim, and although I agreed with his logic I thought he was trying to engineer things to the wolves advantage.

So what would I do as a wolf team? I would make sure that someone was on my side with the majority questioning my claim. I looked at the people who generally supported my case and Kokiri best fit that mold. I know this is something that makes sense to me, but maybe not to others, but there is nothing I can do about that.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 PM

Theory: lack of voting late yesterday indicates mdd is a villager.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:51 PM

checking in, not much has changed. Ill try to check back in before night but kristifix, books, dunno maybe Ourhouse just for being so adamantly wrong about me, which i dont remember him being this adamantly wrong about me before, especially with the little amount of participation i can give this game, tells me maybe hes just looking for an easy lynch in me.

books/kristifix/OurHouse
Old 11-29-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jennfox

just a hunch

[/ QUOTE ]

on second thought this a dumb vote.

a vote for Our House is less dumb imo
Old 11-29-2007, 04:56 PM

<u>Epicurus:</u>

DAY 1:

[ QUOTE ]

early village leans are, in no particular order, DMK, antidan, kokiri, fmx.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
kokiri has either reworked his wolf game dramatically - which is certainly a possibility - or is a villager.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first post that made me want to lynch him, the epitome of trying to say something while saying absolutely nothing. He says that Kokiri is either a wolf or a villager here. Well, no [censored].

[ QUOTE ]
mets,
i kind of hope you're evil, actually. its getting boring playing long games with you as v/v every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another unusual post. He kind of calls Mets a wolf but kinda doesnt? More fencesitting. Looks shadier since Mets turned up wolf.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I forget playing a long game of WW required an unusual skill set. This is hard.

epicurus i think. I agree 100% with VR's assessment.

[/ QUOTE ]

on one hand, ive read a bunch of games you've been in, and never seen anything remotely like this from you. i remember you as more of a "you all suck, ive solved this game already" kind of guy.
on the other, given the above, you must know that your 100% agreement would attract some attention you probably wouldn't want as an evil.
hmm im conflicted.

i have a suspect but its entirely based on a tone read so i wont vote for them yet, will wait a while to see how they develop. could it be you?

[/ QUOTE ]

More blatant fencesitting

[ QUOTE ]
i have to say i had the opposite reaction to the jgunnip post. it seemed quite wolfy to me. but its early days and theres still no one i especially want to vote for.

[/ QUOTE ]

and more

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
id like to hear the mets=wolf argument. is it based on instinct or analysis? same goes for books.

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed my post above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here he's asking for arguments and not giving them. It's very easy for wolves to poke and prod at others while not offering up any opinions of their own.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Vote Dan. I never make actual wolf guesses on day one, but I am making an exception. I don't know what Dan is exactly, but he is overplaying how bad he is etc . . . etc. It strikes me as false. I have thought of what this strategy might accomplish as a good character and I haven't come up with anything.

I think his posts are contrived.

[/ QUOTE ]

its possible you might be right, but your reasoning is definitely wrong. dan always acts like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fencesitting 2: Electric Boogaloo.

[ QUOTE ]
if i were to vote right now, it would be for books, chuckles, or jgunnip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Starts of pretty good here. I even agreed that d1 Books was acting pretty weird. Unfortunately this is followed up by two very uninspired choices. Two guys who probably aren't going to say much regardless of their role.

[ QUOTE ]

my village leans right now are antidan, cincity, dmk, fmx, gt1t, kokiri.

[/ QUOTE ]

Village list seems to stay someone consistent. Generally + village points but I'm not going to weigh it too heavily personally because he never gives anything to back it up. As a matter of fact, he never backs up any of his "reads"

[ QUOTE ]
actually, mets is a good example, lucky.
purely on a tone basis id suspect something was up with him, but im not sure whether its because he actually is an evil or simply because he's in a playful mood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Return of the Fencesitting.

[ QUOTE ]
after a reread i could also vote lastchance, but im not sure i can articulate why, except to say that some of his posts remind me of things i might write if i were an evil/wolf/whatever term we're using.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another read. No reason. Not surprised.

[ QUOTE ]

this post deepens my suspicion of jgunnip. i dont think the lucky halloween code and the post mets/jg refer to are at all similar. for one thing, with the code he was witholding information, with the suitcase post he is providing it. for another, his act was that the code was specific to him, which is not the case here.
jgunnip jumping on mets' post worries me deeply.

[/ QUOTE ]

flops on jg here. luckay code banter not important.

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw i agree with gt1t that books started off suspiciously and has seemed to get more villagery in his recent posts.
i dont love my vote on him but ill keep it there over kokiri and antidan. if another option presents itself all bets might be off.

[/ QUOTE ]

flops on books here. I admittedly did the same thing. I still choose to include it here though because it follows the same theme. Fencesitting.

-His vote ends up on Durron at the end of the day.

DAY 2:

-takes jg off his wolf list again and places fmx on. again no reasoning

-prods kristie about her vote for vr, mentions lastchances letter catergories, other random crap, nothign of significance

Day 3:

[ QUOTE ]
my current villager list is, no particular order,
VR, kokiri, GT1T, OH, Luckay, Jenn Fox, Jgunnip.

[/ QUOTE ]

-thinks fmx is a wolf still

Again no reasoning given

[ QUOTE ]
any suggestions of players to reread?

[/ QUOTE ]

This post also struck me as odd, especially considering his lack of input up until now. Why even bother asking this question? Why not just go look at the thread yourself?

[ QUOTE ]
jgunnip,
thoughts on some of the utr players?
specifically bulletproof monk, fcbl, kristie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here asking one of his villagers to give their thoughts and opinions while never offering any of his own.

[ QUOTE ]
i remember kristie wrote some weird stuff last night, and her "2+2 is blocked ill skim the thread quickly now" excuse, while possibly true, can also serve as useful cover.
bulletproof bothers me for a reason i cant put my finger on.
two of my villagers have FMX as strong village read, so i have to give that some weight, but i also have a bad feeling about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

More fencesitting

[ QUOTE ]
truth be told im shooting in the dark at the moment where evils are concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

and more.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think of OH?

[/ QUOTE ]

moderate village lean on tone, my notes especially refer me to his early d2. was suspicious of mets pretty early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, some reasoning. This supports the idea the OH is a villager.

[ QUOTE ]
jenn,
assume for a moment that lastchance wasnt a wolf peek. what other evidence is there against him?

[/ QUOTE ]

some prodding

-goes on to list some low content posters and voices right along with the rest of the village that we need to lynch some. Cruise control, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
we were almost on the verge of productive discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really significant but irony quoted for the lulz.

DAY 4:

-lots of junk about game mechanics

-Agrees with OH's list. Not surprising. Adds in some of his own comments here:

[ QUOTE ]
heres the 20%.

FMX - i kind of give up. i think hes a wolf when everyone thinks hes a villager and i start thinking hes a villager when people start saying hes a wolf.

JennFox - still village lean of mine.

Solanthos - totally off my radar this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still no info on the why or how of anything.

[ QUOTE ]
OH,
actually i forgot another one i disagree with.

Bulletproof - I had wolfy feeling about him from d1, although admittedly it was thinly founded. I know that the time difference thing gives him a reasonable excuse, but that doesnt preclude him being evil. I've also had the "seem undecided close to voting" trick pulled on me before. His Mdorand vote and rapid unvote could be a ruse.

[/ QUOTE ]

To his credit, he gives the first glimpse of some reasoning here. It's a small bit of analysis floating in a sea of poop and even then he backpedals a bit.

- Goes on to vote MDoranD who he seemed to want to avoid lynching yesterday

==============

I did leave a bunch of posts out purposefully. This is running a little long as it is. Other than all of the fencesitting and general lack of input, Epicurus posts plenty about meta and game mechanics. The bulk of his posts have looked like a bunch of filler trying to be useful. It's a pretty common tactic/habit of wolves to try and seem insightful by posting a bunch of strategy and other points surrounding the game without ever solidifying on players. When you toss this in with the fact that any posts regarding players have been wishywashy, it screams wolf to me. Furthermore, the fact that any time I've mentioned this in the thread, I basically get ignored. I'd expect a villager to want to defend himself, atleast a little bit, atleast take notice, when he's at the top of my wolf list and being called out for not posting anything of value. Epicurus has seemed content to ignore me as long as no one is listening to me and continue along his merry way. This is exactly how I'd expect a wolf to act.

lynch Epicurus
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM

i haven't voted yet:

kristie

books, i think you're nutso.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:12 PM

lol GT1T,
as for lack of reasoning, my notes on this game now run across several pages. since shes dead, heres an example:

VR &amp;#8211; 11.59 d1 was the first to raise possibility of Dustin having seer powers. Semi emo 12.07 weak v read. 14.46 might be suspicious if OH=wolf. 15.03 seems a bad wolf move. 15.04 might be suspicious if jgunnip=wolf. 15.10, refers to prev game where she was villager, similar applies to 15.26. indecision of 15.27 seems villagery. Interaction speed seems genuine and style seems relaxed. 16.33 very villagery, as does 19.24, 19,29, 19.32, 20.54. 21.00 vote for durron not so suspicious because he was dead without her vote.

and thats just her d1.

i dont always give my reasoning because its often based on tone rather than analysis, and the minute i mention a suspect that i find their tone off - well, its easily remedied.
speaking of remedies, in the first few games i played i got obsessive about defending myself from the vaguest suspicion. so thats why i didnt bother responding to your previously posted wolf lists with me at the top.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:13 PM

and, obviously, thats why i picked a dead villager i had notes on to give as an example.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:13 PM

re kokiri, ive said he was a strong village read of mine since like three hours into d1, so the example you quote misrepresents my opinion.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:17 PM

as for what i wrote about mets, thats really not fencesitting. he was never on or close to making my villager list, i found his response to the post of mine you quote "its never boring to keep winning" or similar, pretty wolfy, and i mentioned him as a suspect, albeit at the time a weak one, later to luckay.
oh, and my villager lists have been a Who's Who of blue nightkills.