Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: ***Official SNF PHI/NE thread***

i agree with troll btw, if it's me calling the play it's a screen or a pitch to westbrook all day. or send your slot guy up the seam, keep westbrook to block and have as a checkdown. do what's been working all [censored] day. even if you want to send someone to the end zone, stack three guys and have brown go downfield over the middle on a crossing route, if they key in on him you'll have something underneath. they basically said, "ok, we've been moving the ball all day, let's just try to get away from everything we've been doing and go for the one thing this defense has effectively stopped, the one thing they are not going to give us in this spot."

I don't see why you're so pre-occupied with getting the ball "to your best player".

he ran for 52 yards tonight, on 17 carries. awesome!

4 Eagles had more recieving yards than him.

why are you so concerned with Westbrook getting the ball?

and [censored] the FG, you go for the TD. aggresive play got you this far, you need to keep at it

and btw, you only have a 46 yard FG attempt at that point, you want to get more yards anyways

And the last thing I'll mention is that conventional wisdom says to play for overtime on the road. Overtime would be the worst case scenario barring a missed FG if they had ran the ball.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gg eagles, if this gives the steelers a gameplan against us, eat [censored] and die plz

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if, the steelers run every trick play in the book to perfection, munch surprise off-side kicks, and a different Q comes in than is originally gameplanned for. But I wouldnt discount it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking more along the lines of, if the steelers get a strong pass rush - being an awesome, dominant defense and all - and punch randy moss in the mouth, they'll have a chance. if they can get a few turnovers, keep the pats away from big ben, etc, it could be real trouble. brady can't bring his C game against the steelers and expect to escape.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the Patriots and would love to find any reason to take a positive out of this game as a Pats hater, but I just don't buy all the "blueprint" stuff. If anything, this is just going to make the Pats better. I think Belichick saw tonight they he might have to mix it up more on offense (namely involving Maroney A LOT more) and as a team, they will be even more prepared for whatever gameplan is thrown at them.

What will happen is that they will begin to blow teams outta the sky again and then at some point in the playoffs, they'll get involved in one more squeaker, and win by like 2 pts and that'll be all she wrote.

who cares, they lost, and on the biggest play of the game they blew it. it is what reid always does. you give the ball to westbrook one way or another, because he is the guy that bails this team out every game they [censored] win. i dont care how he gets the ball, but he gets the ball. so dumb.

feeley starting made the eagles a better team in this game too, so him being the backup means nothing.

If not for Welkers night, Samuel gets MVP easily. He is irreplacable to the Pats...find a way to get him signed guys!

On a related note, I cant fathom why the Eagles threw anywhere near Samuels side and didnt just keep taking the wide open gains on the other side.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And the last thing I'll mention is that conventional wisdom says to play for overtime on the road. Overtime would be the worst case scenario barring a missed FG if they had ran the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah surely Bellichick wouldn't call a time out on defense.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah surely Bellichick wouldn't call a time out on defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Timeouts pretty much = running the clock down
Old 11-26-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with troll btw, if it's me calling the play it's a screen or a pitch to westbrook all day. or send your slot guy up the seam, keep westbrook to block and have as a checkdown. do what's been working all [censored] day. even if you want to send someone to the end zone, stack three guys and have brown go downfield over the middle on a crossing route, if they key in on him you'll have something underneath. they basically said, "ok, we've been moving the ball all day, let's just try to get away from everything we've been doing and go for the one thing this defense has effectively stopped, the one thing they are not going to give us in this spot."

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive already said this, HE HAD SMITH WIDE OPEN COMING ACROSS THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD, Smith came off the line and was crossing at about the 27, the closes pat was standing around the 20 in zone coverage.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And the last thing I'll mention is that conventional wisdom says to play for overtime on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought CW said to go for the win on the road