Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > DeucesCracked.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 05:49 PM

Default a coach for poker ???

why would anybody need a coach. If you think there are better players than you are all you need to do is watch them. Online its even more easy. Just datamine and analyze their play. Think about your game and learn about your mistakes. No need for a coach. Why would anybody teach you all the secrets for some lousy bucks if they can make so much playing themselves ?? The truth is that they can't make enough anymore (maybe they were winners once) and instead are looking for some stupid folks to make up for it. Don't let them fool you and take your money !!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: a coach for poker ???

Personally, I know there are way better players out there than myself. The fact that one can recognize that says something.

As for my coach(Joe Tall)I have played with him live several times and I can attest to his poker skills adn knowledge as can a number of others I have chatted with. That goes for his cohorts as well.

Maybe you DC guys should put up some testimonials here(if allowed) so people can see for themselves.

PS. I guess I have been fooled to the tune of winning more consistently after I hooked up with my coach. Hmmmmm lets see, spend x and turn it into xxxx???
Old 11-18-2007, 04:53 PM

joe tall his answer would be tiger woods has a coach, michael jordan had a coach etc
Old 11-18-2007, 05:30 PM

coaches coach b/c guaranteed money is always better
Old 11-18-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
joe tall his answer would be tiger woods has a coach, michael jordan had a coach etc

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes perfectly sense. The coach of Tiger Woods might see something Tiger could do better. However ; he couldn't do it himself . Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense. If the coach could do it he would just go ahead and win a lot of golf-tournaments and make millions instead of coaching for a couple grand.

I believe that a good player can teach a bad player in poker. However, it does not make any sense at all. Why would you want to do that when you can make more playing yourself.
Never met a poker player who also is mother Theresa.

And it even makes less sense for the bad player ; that's because all info you need to become a good player is already available for free. (thx for the internet) All you need to do is to follow the strategy discussion on one of the many websites. Just use your brain. It will make you a better player if you figure things out by yourself.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that a good player can teach a bad player in poker. However, it does not make any sense at all. Why would you want to do that when you can make more playing yourself.
Never met a poker player who also is mother Theresa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mother Theresa was actually a pretty good RAZZ-player.

And your post is fairly stupid. Seems like you just want to provoke. It's sad that the pro's need to waste their time answering trash like this.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:22 PM

Did you go to Grade School? High School? College?

Or just stay home and read all the books?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you did read some books to get the idea. And i believe it was a good idea back then. 10 Years ago it wasn't so easy to get any good info for free. But i doubt that you learned to play well in a school.(only if you consider a poker room to be school) Most people here can teach people how to play poker (1-2 hours should do). But a good player you must become yourself.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you did read some books to get the idea. And i believe it was a good idea back then. 10 Years ago it wasn't so easy to get any good info for free. But i doubt that you learned to play well in a school.(only if you consider a poker room to be school) Most people here can teach people how to play poker (1-2 hours should do). But a good player you must become yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I was trying to say was that you had teachers in school that helped you learn what was in the books, showed you how to apply them. What a coach can do is give you the tools to improve your own game, give you guidance on how to succeed, just like your teachers.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:48 AM

JOE T, who is and was your coach anyways? Some slouch probably right [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]?
Closed Thread