Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Small things to make the world better

One, when going out to a nice restaurant to eat, don't douse yourself in cologne or perfume. The people at the table next to you can smell you, and that likely means they're can't really taste their food.

Second, when waiting at the airport, don't plop yourself down on those waiting area rows of seats. They're connected and it's likely that you just jerked the poor guy down from you forward, or, even worse, awake.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Small things to make the world better

I've never really had much of a nose for scent. Your second point is definitely valid.

A similar one - when sitting down on an airplane please don't lower yourself into your seat by holding onto the headrest in front of you.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 PM

Don't discard cigarette buds on the sidewalk. Empty the cherry and place it in your pocket if you're a [censored] smoker.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:53 PM

When driving, if you come to a stop in the right lane and you aren't turning right. If at all possible make sure your car is as far to the left as you can go, so a guy behind you who wants to make a right turn can squeeze by you. People that don't do this show me all I need to know about how much they are paying attention to their surroundings and they are probably bad drivers.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 PM

Use blackle instead of google when you only need a standard search. It uses google's algorithm so your search results will be the same, but has a black background instead of a white one so it uses less energy. Helps the planet in a very small way, but every little bit helps I guess. http://blackle.com/about/
Old 10-26-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Use blackle instead of google when you only need a standard search. It uses google's algorithm so your search results will be the same, but has a black background instead of a white one so it uses less energy. Helps the planet in a very small way, but every little bit helps I guess. http://blackle.com/about/

[/ QUOTE ]

loooooooooool. im sorry but this is ridiculous. this should be conservation step #1098039248098320498 somewhere after saving toe lint to make blankets with.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:41 PM

1. One of the best moves I made recently was buying canvas bags to use when grocery shopping. Not only does this save on all those paper and plastic bags, they're a million times easier to manage and load up.

2. When parking your car on an open street in a city, keep in mind that there are going to be tons of people wanting to park their cars later, so by leaving room for 75% of a car between you and the corner, you're taking up a spot. same goes for side-by-side parking, i know you want some room, but there's no need to allow 3 feet beyond your fully extended door when parking.

3. "Please"

4. "Thank you"
Old 10-26-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to see people are still easy to scam.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't discard cigarette buds on the sidewalk. Empty the cherry and place it in your pocket if you're a [censored] smoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what I do
Old 10-26-2007, 11:21 PM

When you stop to converse with people or friends step to the side to avoid stairs and doorways so you don't block traffic flow.