Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 10:39 PM

Default My little dog >>> pit bull

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my dog.

Late this afternoon, my wife and I took our dog and 11-month old daughter for a walk. I had the dog, while my wife towed our daughter in her red wagon.

We were on our way back home and as we passed our neighbor's house which is just two houses away from ours, the neighbor's pit bull jumped the fence and came tearing across the yard after us. I had already started crossing the street to get to our house, while my wife and daughter were still on the opposite side of the street, a few feet behind me.

I gathered up my 14 pound mutt while my wife quickly unbuckled our daughter and picked her up, preparing for a [censored] storm. Even though I was only wearing sandals, I was fully prepared to kick the [censored] in the face, or at least lose my foot/leg/balls trying.

When the pit bull was a few feet away from me (while I was not happy about this situation, I was thankful during the couple seconds I had to think that he was coming after me and the dog, rather than my wife and child), my little dog started barking her face off at him. I had to grip her tight to keep her in my arms.

Then, just like that, the pit bull stopped, looked at my dog, turned around, and slowly walked back home.

I have no doubt that my little mutt of a dog saved somebody (probably me) from a severe ravaging. I love her more than ever tonight.

Needless to say, we called the neighbor to bitch her out. This was not the first time that dog came charging at one of us, and she had been warned. Basically, we said that if it happens again, don't be surprised if the dog doesn't return home.

As I work at home and take the baby and dog for a walk every day, my wife now wants me to carry mace. I have a nice Al Kaline model baseball bat that would do the trick, too, but I suppose it wouldn't be easy to carry that, the leash, and a pooper scooper at the same time.

Here's a picture of our little bad-ass. Funny thing is, just a minute prior to the encounter, she was having a nice time hanging out with her Rottweiler buddy from a few doors down.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: My little dog >>> pit bull

Your dog is cute as [censored]. Great story too, although I think twice is more than enough chances before I'd report an incident like this to authorities.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your dog is cute as [censored]. Great story too, although I think twice is more than enough chances before I'd report an incident like this to authorities.

[/ QUOTE ]

We might. Other than this, they are perfectly friendly and fine neighbors. My neighborhood is odd in that many don't feel the need to confine their pets. Sort of troubling.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:00 PM

awesome dog, how old is she?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 PM

Six years old.

That picture is from maybe three years ago. She still looks the same, except that she has gotten gray around the snout and some around the eyes.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:10 PM

Awesome dog. What type is she?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome dog. What type is she?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. And she is most definitely awesome.

She's some sort of mix. The adoption group we got her from said she is a dachshund, "terrier," pekingese. She looks like she may have chihuahua in her, too. We've seen her mother, and she looks just like her (mother was a squatter, whereas my dog is very well proportioned), which makes me curious as to what her father looked like.

My brother swears there is cat in her, as she jumps and climbs all over the place. When he saw her walk across the back of the couch, he insisted that she was part feline.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:44 AM

This is the second warning? Tell them they have to do something. I love dogs a lot, but it gets to a point where people are just flat out negligent.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

She's some sort of mix. The adoption group we got her from said she is a dachshund, "terrier," pekingese. She looks like she may have chihuahua in her, too. We've seen her mother, and she looks just like her (mother was a squatter, whereas my dog is very well proportioned), which makes me curious as to what her father looked like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks a lot like like a dachshund/chihuahua mix.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:12 AM

You child is being walked in a wagon and this is the second time a pit bull has charged at you? You need to call animal control, it'd be a shame if the dog was put down, it obviously deserves a better owner. But there is no way your neighbors should be owning a pitbull. There is no way I'd let this slide.