Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

1) I play 1k hands a day. I talk to other pros about certain hands.
2) Learn, then crush, HUSH NL
3) High stakes; I posted a million dollar graph in BBV, thats all I'm saying.
4) Cant quite provide that
5) I really desire to play HUSH NL, but as of yet have not tried it on for size. I am a higher stakes limit player. I have played a million hands of HUSH LHE, and I want to learn another game. I'm willing to work at it w/a genuinely good player, and I feel that I can contribute to such an effort.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) you like apples?
2)
3) how you like them apples?

[/ QUOTE ]

fypimo
Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 AM

I'm not exactly what you are looking for but I would love to do this so I'll try anyway.

1. I'm currently in the middle of several poker books, am a member of Stox Poker, browse several strategy forums daily, and have a few people that I review hands with outside of forums.

2. I've had major problems with tilt/bad bankroll management in the past and it made life miserable. My goals these days are to make as much low stress money as possible to set myself up for the future. I've always said that I dont plan on playing for the rest of my life...heck even for more then a few years. However, I'm not sure that Ill ever totally stop. So I plan on playing until I find something I'm more passionate about.

Right now I'm finding out that by learning games other than LHE I can be more attentive and interested. NLHE is a game I would love to learn but have always had a hard time playing anything other than limit.

3. Current stakes are 5/10-15/30 LHE, 5/10-25/50 L08, a little bit of 2/4-3/6 NL, and a little bit of 1/2-3/6 PLO. Past earnings are probably around 250,000. Almost all at LHE. There is probably another 250,000 or so that I've blown playing games/limits that I had no buisness being in....like I said, Ive had problems.

4. I've been an on and off poster in MHSH over the past few years, as well as MTT a little before that. Nothing totally ground breaking theory wise that I have posted though. My best attempt that I can recall and dig up is probably this.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post7703282

I've always felt a little like I've been shot down whenever I try and post something a little different than the "2p2 Standard" so to speak, combine that with the fact that I can't always explain why I think a course of action is best and it probably leaves me a little lite in this department.

That was the only thread I can recall starting of any signifigance (if it was even that). However if you would like me to find a few of my replies Id be hapoy to do that.

5. I'm 22 years old and have been making my living playing cards full time for over a year now...part time as a student before that.

Dropped out of school two summers ago to pursue a buisness idea(which I naively thought was a shoe in) and play some poker. I lacked direction and was just wasting money there. Always said I'd go back if need be but at this point I don't see that happening. Needless to say the buisness idea went down the tubes when Facebook started doing it. Vague plan is poker until I find another buisness idea that I'm excited about. Ive entertained thoughts of opening a bike/ski shop in a couple of years when my fiance and I move out west, however that is still up in the air.

I'm not exactly a computer guy but I did learn a little working on my website and have a younger brother who is more than capable, and I'm sure wouldn't mind helping a bit. I would also be willing to learn what I can.

Think thats about it. Like I said, I'm not exactly what you described however I would be very interested in participating.

Thanks,
Evan
Old 11-21-2007, 01:11 AM

1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself.

1. Mainly just by playing a lot and discussing hands with a couple of friends. I've been challenging myself by playing some really tough players HU recently. In the last year (ok 15months) I've switched from limit to NL, and started playing the big live tournaments.

2. After I graduate college this spring I plan to play full time. I'm 22 and I want to have put away enough money that I could retire by 30.

3. I play mostly 25/50 and 50/100 NL along with some live tournaments. I made around 500k in my first 3 years as a limit player. This year i'm up around 1.5 mill including an 850k donkament score (second in the PCA).

4. I haven't been posting a ton of good strategy stuff recently, but searching through my posts I found a couple ok examples:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12918464

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12769448

5. I'm 22, I'll be graduating from Brown with a degree in philosophy this spring. I'm really excited about the possibility of a website like this coming together. I'm a bit reluctant to post everything I think in the HSNL forum because all of my regular opponents read it. It would be awesome to have a group of smart dedicated players playing all different stakes to talk serious strategy with.

edit: Oops, just realized you wanted people to PM you if they were more specifically interested in being on the mentoring side of things. Guess I'll send you a PM too.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:15 AM

well, since this appears to be an incredible opportunity i will toss my name in.

ive played over a million hands of lhe at mid stakes. a few monthes ago i set out to learn nl. ive played nearly 100k hands of nl, mostly at 2-4 thru 5-10, with some shots at higher.

my winrate is good, but i know that i have some obv leaks and the good players abuse me. my shortterm goal is to plug leaks, gain experience, and learn to crush these mid stakes nl games. long term, obv i want to beat high stakes.

as a long time strat poster in the limit forums i think my dedication to learning is apparent. i would estimate 85% of my posts are strat related and i always clarify why i advocate a certain action. to me, the main appeal of this endeavor is the opportunity to engage in depth discussions with other thinking players. im often frustated by the lack of explanations in otherwise interesting posts.

lemme know if you want any other info.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:16 AM

yes its back!!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:31 AM

1. I've always tried to improve my game by playing lots of hands, rereading poker books, watching coaching videos, reading poker forums. A big step I have recently taken is hiring a poker coach to help me with my LHE. As most of my attention shifts to NL for 2008 I'll be looking to get some NL coaching soon.

2. Well, in the short term continue to make money while learning poker. I have been playing NL more and more and will be making NL cash my main game from early 2008. Within the next 2 years I'd like to play both NL and LHE at high middle stakes level online and high stakes live. I guess an ultimate poker goal for years down the track would be to one day become a complete poker player - hold 'em, stud, limit, no limit, etc.

3. I play exclusively online. To make money I play 10/20 and 15/30 LHE SH and FR. I guess you could say I'm a beginner NL player but I'm beating 200NL. I play 200NL SH and FR exclusively in preperation for making NL my main game from early 2008. I have made over 250K from limit holdem in about 3 years without playing higher than 15-30. I suppose I have made about 15-20K from NL.

4. I am afraid I can't really do this. I am still in the learning rather than teaching mode here at 2plus2. However, 99% of my posts here are in strat forums and I give advice when I feel I know the answers.

5. Well I'm in my early-mid twenties and live here in Australia. I live with my fiance. I graduated university a few years ago but have not looked for formal employment. Poker has paid bills, provided savings, and taken most of my attention. I am playing for enjoyment, fulfilment, and to lay finacial foundation for the rest of my life. I am totally dedicated to learning the game and playing a lot. In years to come I also hope to also do something more productive to society.

6. The last 5 months I've probably played about 50 hours a week. Always play many tables. Actually this is pretty much what I've done the last 2 years.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:40 AM

This seems like a great opportunity. What I need help with is actually playing hands.

If you can make me play hands you will be god.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:48 AM

This sounds like a great opportunity and I match all the criteria, so I might as well give it a shot!

1. I've always been very studious when it comes to poker. I have watched probably almost every Cardrunners video, and I subscribed to Leggopoker as soon as they opened. I post/read ssnl and msnl on a daily basis. I have several msn buddies who I've met through 2p2, and I'm constantly bugging them to discuss poker with me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I also consistently review my sessions and consider other ways I could/should have played certain hands.

2. I have a few poker goals currently:
-move up to 3/6 within the next 2 monthes
-open up my game and play more hands per month
-learn HU!

eventually I hope to crush midstakes at the sites I play at. I'm sure this is achievable given the quality of the games I play in, and the progress I've made over the past year.

3. I currently play 400NL with some 600NL when I'm feeling good and the game is good. Over my first 100k hands at midstakes, I have made at over 5ptbb/100. Over ~200k hands of 200NL I made ~4ptbb/100. Over ~60k hands of 100NL I made ~6ptbb/100. This is all in 2007 (when I started playing No-Limit). Last year I played up to 5/10 6max LHE but I never had great sucess at limit.

4. I don't have any big, indepth posts but I do think I generally explain my thoughts clearly. Here are a couple recent examples:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post13001688
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12463485

those may not be good examples, but 99% of my posts have been in strat forums. I try.

5. I am a 21 y/o Economics student. I am currently taking a fairly light course-load at school to allow for me to play lots of poker. I enjoy learning/discussing poker even more than I enjoy playing! (it's close).
Old 11-21-2007, 01:58 AM

Apply in this thread with 1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.

1. I am improving my game by playing only 4-5 tables and trying to take really specific notes and of course by reading and responding to posts in the strategy forums. I also have been reviewing my sessions more and more to try and find different lines/leaks.

2. Hm I guess my ultimate goal for poker is to eventually be able to live off of it. I don't really have a specific goal for poker though right now I'm just trying to improve my game and move up the limits. I am very competitive and view poker more as a game than as a career or hobby.

3. I currently play at 100NL on Stars and am a marginal winner (2ptb/100) over about 30,000 hands. However, I have only started playing poker seriously and making a concentrated effort for the last 3 months, as before I was just playing for kicks. My bankroll is currently at 3200 which I built from nothing (yes I grinded freerolls and yes it sucked). I have probably played around 100k hands online both NL and limit.

4. Most of my posts are pretty standard stuff. Since most posts in SSNL involve loose passives as the villain I feel there isn't a lot of room for interesing discussions and when there are I seem to always miss them.

5. I am 18 and a freshman in college, which I am dropping out of this semester because I hate it and need a break from academics. I consider myself intelligent and have a very strong math ability (took Cal III this semester and scored a five on the AP Calculus BC test).

I also have a lot of free time on my hands and am more than willing to have review sessions/chats with the community.
Closed Thread