Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Too Weak with Q\'s???

Stats on villain 54/4 with a TA of 1.0
No real reads on him either except that he limps with all kinds of hand and will cold call raises with a wide range of hands.In over an hour I saw him fold to a pre-flop raise only once.
Knowing this, and how passive he is, I was wondering if this line with my Q's is too weak? Should I just call to the river or was it a good fold?

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
Old 11-10-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Too Weak with Q\'s???

Yeah, I think the turn fold was a bad one. That donk will donk turn with a way wider range than those beating you IMO. I believe I'd raise this up before I folded but I think you should call intending to call river or value bet it if checked to.

Also, you describe him as passive in your post. I don't think a AF of 1 from a VPIP of 54 should be considered passive (as VPIP goes up, the AF will generally go down) but you could have a better read on him.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 AM

What really bothered me too in this hand was the guy in between us. Doesn't that kind of change a lot of things??? Because HU against that villain I'm pretty much betting and raising all the way but with an unknown in there it got me worried.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What really bothered me too in this hand was the guy in between us. Doesn't that kind of change a lot of things??? Because HU against that villain I'm pretty much betting and raising all the way but with an unknown in there it got me worried.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see a reason to think he has a better hand than us. This gives me all the more reason to bet and raise it up to get him to pay for his draws (whatever it may be). He gives me more reason to raise this particular turn (even though I think calling is better). In 3-way hands, you won't win as many hands, but you should be up more money from them on average if you play correctly.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it changes things...you make more money with the other guy in!

that board is really drawy. the guy in the middle could have any number of flush or straight draws(or worse) that will pay two big bets on turn.

also, there's something you need to learn about these turn donk bets. they are very, very often a hand like A7 or 88 that thinks their hand is good now since the jack paired the board. much less often they are actually the jack that turned trips. if he had the jack why wouldn't he checkraise you on the turn?

you should raise this turn for value and if villain 3bets you are most certainly toast and can fold. as played, your turn fold is absolutely horrible. playing like this will result in your folding the best hand way too often to be successful at limit hold em. all you can do is learn from this mistake, go forward and do the right thing next time. good luck.