Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 09-27-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Who is the best Omaha 8 player in the world?

Isn't our own J_V insanely good at high stakes LO8 online?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:02 PM

yea i see where your coming from dave, but also i have my own opinions. i KNOW cake makes around 200-300 a year i still do not rank him as the cream of the crop of pl8 players just for the sheer fact that hes overrated....vastly.....im looking for people that can strike fear into an opponent, and whose moves arent paper machace (didnt spell that right)....as for buklah he IS experiencing some pl8 variance but who doesnt....he tilts too much and plays pl0 over his roll sometimes....(also he is infact a good lom8 player if you did not know this).....as for those two donks on ftp....sci is a nlhe player who just is rolled deep, and ritz_club has not nearly played enough hands to have proven himself as "one of the best"....maybe hes just good in certain hu situations, etc.....but not the best! ok now pl08 for me is one of the best if not THE best....i think he is amazing and has proven himself far beyond anyone previously mentioned....he has consistently CRUSHED 10-20 since as long as ive been on stars (4-5 yrs).....and i will say right now that GAMEOVER/DEADY is also one of the best for me.....he not only is rolled extremely deep, but he crushes fulltilt and pokerstars! kid has game....so Buk, Pl08, and DEADY~ i honestly think they are in a class of there own...so thats just my opinion
Old 09-27-2007, 10:49 PM

I've busted wintermute off sites more time than I can remember and love every second of it.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:04 AM

This thread is funny. It started off as "who is the best Omaha 8 player" and became "who was the best plo8b player in 2006". Well the answer to the last question is definately Wint. Back when we still talked, I said that no one could make 200k just playing plo8b cash. Well he certainly kicked my bollox in on that one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But I would be astounded if anyone has made that much playing in 2007 and would be fairly suspicious of anyone claiming 200k+ even. Even cake. The 2006 "season" was a huge anomaly in the history of plo8b online. There was never a game like those on Party prior to it, and seemingly none since. Although I had (unfortunately) stopped playing plo8b by then,I had played it very regularly in the biggest games in the years before this, from the days when 1-2 on UB were the biggest games, through to the 5-10 and 10-20 on Stars where Buklah first appeared.

In general, as one of the other posters mentioned, plo8b is not a particularly skilled game. It is the *perfect* game for skinning fish, but beyond that, has always struggled to have a sustainable base, both live and online. The best poker players in Omaha8 are undoubtedly playing short handed limit, probably in 30-60 and 75-150, and the HU action when that is around too on other sites. But these guys are not, seemingly, very prolific 2+2ers or caught up in the internet hype sides of things, so are probably much less known. Raconteur was certianly very good, as were a whole range of other guys.

gl

bdd
Old 09-28-2007, 10:38 AM

david benyamine would smoke anyone mentioned in both limit or plo8
Old 09-28-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
~side note i was wondering if you guys wanted to run some 500, 1k sngs on stars they have turbos and regular....just throwin it out there

[/ QUOTE ]

UH HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 09-28-2007, 08:56 PM

im dead serious...............??? are you?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 PM

I used to live in the 200-1000 turbo sngs in jan/feb....never any action.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 PM

yes very hard to fill up but i think if we get in touch with people about it maybe people will be more interested....i kinda wanna hit up that 5 man 1k one, looks pretty sexy
Old 09-29-2007, 12:43 AM

Unusual to see any of the PLO8 SNGs above $55+5 run. Occasionally one of the $105+9s but even that is pretty rare.