Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 05:28 PM

Default The Right Monitor

Hi, I like to Play on FT and AP. And now with the new resisable tables on AP, I really want to get a monitor. I would like to 5 or 6 table. I don't want to have to squint to see my cards. I just want to kick back, relax, and see my cards on 5 or 6 diff. tables. What monitor is the best for this, and at a good price. Also, when you play 5 or 6 tables, are the tables constantly comming up for your turn, or do you have a few pauses (playing 6-max).

Thanks
Old 08-24-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: The Right Monitor

A monitor with 1600x1200 resolution capability would be my reccomendation. 4 tables with NO overlap, 6 slightly minimized tables fit nicely without making things too small to see. Dell and Toshiba would be good choices (the key is 1600x1200 resolution). The Toshiba is less expensive. I have two of each in my house and am VERY pleased with both brands.

6 Tables keeps the action moving at a fairly good pace, there will be times when it seems like you have time between hands and are waiting, and other times when will be happening quickly, especially at 6-Max. The thing to remember is to try to make GOOD decisions and not get caught making bad choices at crucial moments just because you have to act on several tables at the same time. It's gonna happen, maybe not frequently but you have to be ready for it.

I play 8 tables at a time across 2 monitors frequently and find that I play a slightly more solid game with 6 tables than with 8 tables. So, depending on the stakes, I adjust my number of tables to the limit that I am playing at the time.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: The Right Monitor

My monitor right now is 1280x800.
Is that what is the best, if it is the highest screen resolution?
Closed Thread