Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Clearly I suck at $200 NL

Thus far I have been very unsuccessful at 200 NL. Just wanted to post a few hand from this past session to make sure I am indeed playing horribly. I know a lot of you don't like these multi hand posts, but it would be greatly appreciated if I can get some vailidation that I'm not just running horribly right now.

Hand 1: Villain is 23/20/4 over about 500 hands. This was largely tilt induced, but looking back I should have folded the turn correct? I just don't know anymore. Everyone seems to show me the nuts everytime I play a big pot and I think sometimes I see monsters under the bed.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $126.45
CO: $974.65
Button: $240.45
Hero: $649.30
BB: $118

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $8</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $26</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($54, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $37</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $98</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($250, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $178</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($606, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO is all-in $672.65</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $672.65 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $606

Hand 2: This hand was also laregly tilt induced but I don't know. I was mainly pissed that villain just flat called my 4 bet. Should I just give up. I feel like villain has the same hand here a lot so it is worth betting the flop when he checks to me.

Poker Stars
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $200
UTG+1: $48
CO: $602.70
Button: $336.30
SB: $203.55
BB: $419

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $18</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $55</font>, SB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($112, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $70</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $144</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($400, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $4.55</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $1</font>.
Uncalled bets: $3.55 returned to SB.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($402, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $402)

Results:
Final pot: $402

Hand 3: VIllain is FastEddie, 18/15/4 over 1000 hands. Is this fine? Once again I'm not really sure anymore.V

Poker Stars
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $197
CO: $167.05
Button: $269.20
SB: $439.50
Hero: $210.50

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $46</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $210.5</font>, SB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($421, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $421)

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($421, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $421)

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($421, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $421)

Results:
Final pot: $421

Hand 4: Villain is ZeGrimReaper, might be one of you guys. Have him at 25/22/5.5 over 350 hand. I 'm just not really sure how to handle this when my hand is basically face up. Should I just fold the flop?

Poker Stars
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $269.30
Hero: $204.20
Button: $55.60
SB: $240.60
BB: $1312.10

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $28</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($58, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $40</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($138, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($138, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $172.6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $136.2</font>.
Uncalled bets: $36.4 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $410.4
Old 08-24-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Clearly I suck at $200 NL

hand 1- looks OK, turn can be a fold vs some ppl, river can be a call vs some people

hand 2- take your free card on the flop

hand 3- standard vs him

hand 4- i fold flop sometimes but i never call river w/o a [censored] fantastic read
Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 AM

just commenting on hand 1- you are deep stacked here and you only got an overpair. I dont see villain pushing w a hand you beat.

As played I fold river. However on turn I would consider either check-fold or check-raise. I dont like check-calling over two streets, its weak play, plus villain is going to push if he thinks he can get you off a hand

i guess you posted hand 1 cus you lost to a set/2pr/straight. Hard to get away from overpair v set with 100bb but with your stack I can i find folding easier - wait for a better spot
Old 08-24-2007, 11:15 AM

hand one: my standard for playing AA is to lead flop and if I get raised from someone who's not a complete retard, just call, and lead the turn again-fold if he comes over the top of you on the turn, if he calls the turn c/c the river for a small bet, as for the way you played it, I think it kinda leaves you in the dark but the turn looks like a fold

hand two: unless ive got a good read im just calling prf when a blind reraises my utg raise, and checking behind on 99% of flops

hand three: i don't really know how to read stats but they look like he's tight, he wud have to be a massive nit for me to fold here, I think you gotta go with it anyway, i feel like i might fold JJ in ur spot tho if those stats indicate that he's super tight

hand four: fold flop
Old 08-24-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm basically giving this pot up unless I hit an ace or king? What if the turn bricks and he checks again?

[ QUOTE ]
hand 4- i fold flop sometimes but i never call river w/o a [censored] fantastic read

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I didn't have any sort of read other than him being capable of 3 betting light, the flop was a good flop to c-bet, and by the river I feel like he knows exactly what I have (an underpair). This lead me to believe that he would make a smaller river value bet with an ace and a shove was likely a bluff.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm basically giving this pot up unless I hit an ace or king? What if the turn bricks and he checks again?

[/ QUOTE ]

When AK dont get a good flop (ie no A or K!) I ready to give up /keep pot small depending on villain/reads.

The thing going for you in hand 2 is position. He's checekd. MOst 2p2ers seem to wanna make a bet here but i always check behind cus its so easy for vilain to CR and shut you out - then you wish you'd taken a free card. As played i'd fold turn.

Without any strong reads his range is pretty wide, but he's not check-raising without some kind of hand - a PP or TP - i can't see villain doing this with 2 diamonds ( and what two diamonds?)

So i think you can assume your;re beat here. i think cut your losses and fold since you just have A high
Old 08-24-2007, 11:37 AM

Hand 1 - I'd consider 3-betting the flop; if not, bet the turn and fold to a RR. Your c/call large bet on the turn then checking river = giving him the hand. He'd shove on that spot everytime. C/raise, c/fold, or bet/fold would've been all better options on the turn.

Hand 2 - as played, fold to RR on flop. Otherwise, don't need to 3-bet PF UTG, and consider checking. Definitely don't get taken to river once again.

Hand 3 - 4-bet PF? why not raise bigger and call his RR?

Hand 4 - fold the river.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 AM

Hand 1 is just a really ugly spot for you. Raise more preflop and cut down on implied odds this deep, it'll still be hard to play, though. Postflop you need to make your decision earlier. If you aren't willing to get all your chips in then you've gotta fold the turn. If you're happy putting your chips in CRAI would be the play, but at these stakes and this deep you can hardly ever be happy putting your chips in here, villain would have to be super reckless.

Hand 2: The sizing of your c-bet is silly. If you're betting just shove, but taking the free card/folding unimproved might be okay as well. As soon as I 4-bet and am smoothcalled alarm bells go off.

Hand 3: BBV.

Hand 4: WTF, you beat nothing. You raised from UTG+1 indicating strength, and the SB re-popped you 4 times your initial bet. That doesn't bode well for JJ. When the ace comes down it's time to wave the white flag.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:59 AM

The hand against FastEddie is really standard.

The hand with AK is really bad. Check the flop after all that preflop action. Definitely don't bet, fold along the way.

The JJ hand is bad, too. Fold the flop.

I'm stumped on the AA hand. This really could be KK/QQ more than a set, I don't know if I can fold anywhere but the river.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:03 PM

Hand one is against me. And check my stats to see im not a nit, woo hoo!