Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 12:00 PM

Default I want to kill the Valet, with my bare hands. (long)

Okay, so, last saturday night I went to a local room for some 2-5 NL. The cardroom is in a shopping center of sorts. It has a nightclub, two bars, a tax office, an italian restaurant and some other business in the center. The nightclub is the biggest business in the center, and on Friday and Saturday nights they block off about 50% of the available parking for their patrons. It's Valet, by the way.

So here I come rolling through the parking lot, and there's no place to park. I see that the Valet company has blocked a bunch of spots, so I decline to park in them. I make my way to the far end of the parking lot and notice there are orange cones every ten spots or so. They're not labeled, the lot isn't blocked off, and the spots aren't marked,either. So I park.

On my way in, I tell the Russian security guard (6'5 310) that I parked way back in the corner, and if a spot opens up in the front i'd like to move my car in front.

One hour later.....

Sergei comes and tells me I can move my car in the front.(It's not agreat part of town, and, I might be there all night so I want my vette in the front if at all possible)

I go heading out across the vast parking lot to retrieve my car. I notice that I parked headfirst, and the two cars that pulled in after me parked reverse. One of them parked very close to my drivers side door, so close I could BARELY get in.

I get in, anyways, and start my car. I turn my steering wheel to the right, and I notice it will barely turn, and when it does turn, the car to my right lifts up in the air an inch or so. I turn it back to the left. The car on my right lowers an inch or so.

I kill the motor and get out.

Upon looking at the situation I quickly realized what had happened, because my roomate is a valet parker as his main source of income.

The Valet had parked a car so that if I tried to backout without first looking at the situation, I would rake my new Z-06 corvette down the side of this car. The Valet apparently didn't like me parking in this spot, so he decided to (1. cram me in on my drivers side, and (2. park at such an angle that I would F*** up my car if i just got in and backed out. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

So, naturally I went on monkey tilt in the parking lot. I ran and grabbed the gigantic Russian security guard to show him the situation I was facing. I dont speak Russian, but somehow I understood everything that came out of his mouth.

At this point I'm screaming, yelling, and starting my way towards the night club, when a valet comes running down the hill.

He wants to know what the problem is, and I explain to him that someone's about to have to go to the hospital directly across the street if they dont move this car, like, yesterday.

This is when he starts asking me why I parked there. He infers that I should have known better, since there is an unmarked orange cone ten feet away, and that an unmarked orange cone ten feet away indicates that the parking spots are already spoken for by the valet company.

I step up into his face, and look down at him, and at the top of my lungs with saliva flying tell him to move the m'fing car or put his teeth on the curb. He moves the car, I move my car, and I go back to playing cards, still on monkey tilt.

The next morning I wakeup and wash my car. As I'm getting out, I notice a small gouge in one of my wheels. If you're familiar with a Z-06, you'll know that the wheels are magnesium and are easily scuffed. Well, either I scuffed them trying to get out of the spot, or the c***sucker who parked the car scuffed them. It's going to cost me about $150 to get it fixed.

Any thoughts on how I should handle this situation?

As I was leaving, I drove by the valet for the club, and as the valet had promised, he had the police there.

What would you do?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Re: I want to kill the Valet, with my bare hands. (long)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not even sure how this is really a situation. WTF is wrong with you?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:05 PM

There should be a theorem of some sort about people who make this type of post. It should include that they are virtually always at fault for their own misery. And someone should have a clever picture. Won't be me, I don't feel creative.

NT
Old 02-27-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not even sure how this is really a situation. WTF is wrong with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, well put....
Old 02-27-2006, 12:32 PM

what?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:40 PM

You drive a vette, and didn't check your clearance before backing out? How is this his fault again? I drive a piece of crap, and still check to make sure I have room to get out.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:41 PM

Next time you go to a resturant you should yell at the waiter and demand that you get treated extra special. I'm sure they'll add extra seasoning to your food for you.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:44 PM

Youd get more respect if you drove one of these.

Old 02-27-2006, 12:46 PM

I didnt back out, I turned the wheel and realized I was pinned in.

The car was parked at an angle so that the right rear of his car was behind the front right of my car, and from the front there was about 12'' of clearance, but in the rear we were almost locked.

How is this his fault? He pinned me in.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

consider growing up