Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: I\'m 6\'4 120lbs...no joke...help?

[ QUOTE ]
Lol

Y'all have inspired me to heat up the leftover porkchop/mashed potatoes in the fridge...

maybe I can bump it to 3k today, but more than that would likely be a mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

no it wouldnt, eat 4000 cals, maybe more, 3k is not going to help you gain weight, it will just help you from losing whatever fat you might have. I have a friend like you, 6 3, 120, he had a tough time gaining weight, but the fact is he didnt eat a lot.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the thing is, I'm healthy. I never EVER get sick,

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, why would you want to change that?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol

Y'all have inspired me to heat up the leftover porkchop/mashed potatoes in the fridge...

[/ QUOTE ]

no it wouldnt, eat 4000 cals, maybe more, 3k is not going to help you gain weight, it will just help you from losing whatever fat you might have. I have a friend like you, 6 3, 120, he had a tough time gaining weight, but the fact is he didnt eat a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm beginning to see that even on heavy days, I probably only consume a max of 3500 - and those are days where I feel like crap. If i started early this morning and was focusing on it gradually all day, maybe I could get it to 4000+.... But my stomach is small and definitely not used to consuming that much...especially if it means devouring 2500 more calories in the next 5 hours.

If I thought my stomach could handle it, I'd totally be down. Eating to the point of puking isnt an option.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:40 PM

dude, it is more than eating. You gotta work out.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:40 PM

Then you'll likely never get any bigger and reach a healthy weight. Sorry.

On a side note, if you can't afford to see a doctor to see why you're 50+ lbs underweight, maybe you should be that as a first priority instead of asking us.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm beginning to see that even on heavy days, I probably only consume a max of 3500 - and those are days where I feel like crap. If i started early this morning and was focusing on it gradually all day, maybe I could get it to 4000+.... But my stomach is small and definitely not used to consuming that much...especially if it means devouring 2500 more calories in the next 5 hours.

If I thought my stomach could handle it, I'd totally be down. Eating to the point of puking isnt an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont do it all tomorrow, ease into it. if you are regularly eating 2500 cals, eat 3k all next week, 3500 all the week after that, then 4k, then 4500 etc.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont do it all tomorrow, ease into it. if you are regularly eating 2500 cals, eat 3k all next week, 3500 all the week after that, then 4k, then 4500 etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was my plan

Dont really see why i should be jumped on (not by you) - I know my stomach's limits, and another 2500 calories before i fall asleep is just not going to work. 1500 will though, and it is more than the ~1000 I probably would have stuck with had I not received advice in this thread.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:46 PM

Just get some Sust, I promise you will gain the weight quick.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:47 PM

Idd venture to say you can ramp up your calories to 5k and not see too much fat gain if you hit the gym. Eat a lot of food in liquid form to speed digestions (protein, peanut butter, and olive oil shakes should become your friend) and so you dont feel as full. Eat as much peanut butter as you can, its calorie packed.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then you'll likely never get any bigger and reach a healthy weight. Sorry.

On a side note, if you can't afford to see a doctor to see why you're 50+ lbs underweight, maybe you should be that as a first priority instead of asking us.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time I went to the doctor(~2 years ago) I was the same weight, and the answer was "you'll grow out of it".

I've also been this way -my whole life-. So unless I've developed something new in the past 2 years (possible) I am probably healthy... or at least do not have any serious medical conditions.

Saying "you'll likely never get any bigger and reach a healthy weight. Sorry." just because I refuse to eat myself to the point of vomiting is not constructive in any way.