Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Headphones!!!

Uhh, did we just lose the threadstarter to the banhammer? Crap.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree hooking your computer up to high end stereo equipment is a waste.. if I was going to do that I'd at least have something like a soundblaster audigy, which has optical output.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you would connect this optical out to an outboard DAC right? I dont get how you could think those are worthless if you think this is the case. I hook my computer up to my marantz speaker amp and i use an outboard DAC, it sounds about 100x better than using the analog plugs on my mobo soundboard. Btw, the audigy is a waste of money. The chaintech AV710 does bit perfect streaming to DACs, has an optical out and only costs like ~$20 bucks iirc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have mine hooked up to my H/K receiver that has 2 optical inputs, while it's going to be using the DAC, I always thought of it more as a convenience option than using the D/A converter. I will have to get some RCA cables and check out the difference.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:40 PM

All,

PITTM wanted to pass along the word that he is not ignoring your questions, but he has recently been banned and so, at least for the time being, he won't be able to respond.

No PITTM ban discussion in this thread, please. See ATF abusive mod thread for details/discussion.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:57 PM

I had Shure E4c's and they broke and I sent them in.

They replaced them with SCL4- is this the latest same model?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:59 AM

i love my sennheiser 565HDs that i've had for 7 years now

have had other users abuse the cord to where it shorted out, but the cord just pulls out so u can replace that if it happens for <$20 without having to buy a whole new set of cans

very comfortable muffs; open-air design; very true sound, but not the best sensitivity, so i may eventually get a small headphone amp (prolly just an altoid amp), tho it's plenty loud on my desktop computer right now

of course, not as stylish as many smaller cans, but i don't care about that much when sitting in front of my computer

Old 08-07-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bose Triports - band breaks VERY easily, but they replace for free

[/ QUOTE ]

They really are flimsy. I bought a pair and the headband broke. I fixed it with superglue and tape. Then they went dead in one ear. This was all after about a year. I am a heavy user though wearing them about 8 hours per day.

I didn't even think about contacting them and just bought another pair. Within a year (about a week ago) the left earpiece snapped off. Upset I contacted Bose and they are replacing both pairs. Once those two sets break I'll probably buy something different/sturdier [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM

I broke my damn shures, and as a lot of this thread is nearly 6 mo. old, I'm curious if any new earbuds have trumped the shures, or if I should just get another pair of the same. Looking in the $75-$125 range; thanks.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:36 PM

I just happened to be looking for some shures a few weeks ago. I bought these. theyre awesome.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:52 PM

Wow, thanks for that comparison. I was trying to decide between those two.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:27 PM

I've always had problems with ear buds not staying in my ears. I don't know if I have huge ear canals or what but anytime I get a new set of ear buds that come with interchangeable earplugs none of them ever fit properly so I end up constantly having to push them back in my ear.

Can anyone recommend a set that has more size variations or foam material instead of rubber plugs? Alternatively I'd be willing to go with standard headphones. I have the crappy bose triports currently but the sound is crappy and they are too big to wear walking around outside.