Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 07:02 PM

Default Horribly played AQo - where do I fold?

Villian is 35/9 over 81 hands. Although I made a big hand and am betting it hard, he doesn't care. I put him on AK during the hand but later realized that with the action he's giving, this didn't make much sense. I called on the flop intending to raise on the turn and see what happens, so looking back, I'm thinking a fold on the turn 3-bet was probably my best move. Your thoughts?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (15 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 05-03-2006, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Horribly played AQo - where do I fold?

I 3bet the flop and call down vs a cap. 3bet pf and then c/r the flop is always a bad sign. If he hadn't made that play, then I don't mind the flop call and turn raise. However, in either case the turn cap is spew.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:05 PM

Just call down when he 3bets the flop. Unless he is laggy and then I may play it as you did. I don't mind the semi-slowplay on the flop the way the board is. What was it, QQ or AA?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:06 PM

I didn't notice the CR on the flop until reading Jaxup's post. I agree with his advice.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:18 PM

SB showed down QQ. My immediate thought: "SHOULDA SEEN THAT!"
Old 05-03-2006, 07:34 PM

U just never fold a hand this good in limit. Especially not after playing soemone only 81 hands. What u can do is to decide how many bets u want to put in with this villain ( concept borrowed from AaronW, hope i understood u correctly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

First, play more aggressively on the "cheap street" cause here the information is ... cheap. 3-bet the flop! If he caps I'm getting concerned. AK is now the only reasonable hand we beat (AQ is a split). If he caps and bet out the turn we should think like this: If we raise we risk 2 bets to win 1 (since we can't fold). So we should be at least 2:1 favorite: AK = 8 combos, QQ = 1, AA = 1. =&gt; 4:1 pure mathematical edge. If this opp is extremly passive and never would cap anything but a set we can just call down (even though we think he can't cap a worse hand u can never be sure enough to lay down because of the odds the pot lays u). Against most opps I would raise the turn once and then call down.

On the river it really is a crying call. But the pot is to big to fold.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:55 PM

Fold shortly after you show your cards to see if you win or not.

You missed a Preflop raise especially if you plan to lead and not trap.
You definitely missed a cap on the flop.

After all the action I'd probably call the turn and call the river
Old 05-03-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I 3bet the flop and call down vs a cap. 3bet pf and then c/r the flop is always a bad sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why not just call down vs the flop checkraise?
Old 05-03-2006, 09:01 PM

Villan 3-bet preflop...that means JJ+/AK. He's loose, but he's not crazy with his raises, according to your stat read.

When he c/r's the flop, you can thow away 100% of JJ and about 80% of KK leaving AA/QQ/AK. No way you can fold this, tho, since you've got outs against everything but AA, but you're not going to get him to fold a better hand, so just call down.

The turn action, on your part, is just insane. I'm sure that's been covered.

Regardless of the action on the previous streets, you can fold the river (even with the pot as big as you made it on the turn). The only piece of his preflop range you're still ahead of is JJ, and no way JJ is giving this much action for four streets.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I 3bet the flop and call down vs a cap. 3bet pf and then c/r the flop is always a bad sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why not just call down vs the flop checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

cause I suck at poker? Yeah just call down the c/r.