Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 08:19 PM

Default Stats review and preflop question

Is there something wrong about my stats?

also, I have a question about preflop play. What can you play in EP besides AJs+ TT+ and KQo+. Also, do you open limp or raise?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Stats review and preflop question

The FAQ has answers to all of these questions and more. Check it out.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:36 PM

I dont see anything obviously wrong. Your playing 2/4 and have a positive winrate. Thats not too shabby.

I dont know if you will get very good advice for your level here in the micros, drop by Small Stakes.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What can you play in EP besides AJs+ TT+ and KQo+. Also, do you open limp or raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
I raise all these UTG plus more: 99, AJo, ATs and KJs.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:24 PM

You seem to be defending your blinds a lot.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 PM

Two things look like possible leaks to me, but I don't know much. One, you're raising *a lot*, particularly for someone who isn't sure what he should be raising in EP. Possibly you are raising a few too many marginal hands and losing more than you should on them. Two, you fold quite a lot of rivers. Are you missing a lot of draws or are you making "tough laydowns"?

As I say, I don't really know how to read these stats. Also, what struck me as a bit weird was that you put money in 1300 times outside the blinds, but only saw the flop a bit more than 800 times. That says you are folding to raises/reraises a lot. I don't know whether it's a feature of higher limits that you get raised and reraised a lot but it doesn't happen that much at the limit I play, so these stats would be aberrant, I think. If you are not calling single bets back, you should maybe think about doing it. Any time you get into a pot outside the BB, you are committed to one big bet. If you are in games in which you are often facing two bets back to you, you need to tighten up. If you are not, call the bet back and see a few more flops. You should gain enough more by doing that to make up for the extra small bet.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:34 AM

You seem to be defending your blinds much more than I expect. Have a look at your results from the blinds by applying the right filters in PT.

For more, see this one:
Using PokerTracker
Old 05-03-2006, 07:18 AM

OK - I get to say it first I think - way not enough hands

THERE IT'S BEEN SAID

With that - pretty aggressive raising. also you are actually winning to often at showdown - HOWEVER - that could be because you are on a hot streak, 8000 hands is pretty small.

Most good players with 54%ish at SD, are you folding winners? It's really hard to say. I'm on a 10,000 5BB/100 streak in 2/4 and 3/6 so my stats would be something like yours.

You are defending the blinds a lot - remember - 90% of the time the guy is not stealing. MOST players don't steal. They raie with good cards.

Aggression seems spot on but folding to a river bet is a little high. I've never seen anybody check raise so much.

An above poster mention you mihght be folding 1 bet to a raise?? If you bet or called and tehy are raised you normally now have the odds to call that extra bet!

Odd this is mention because I saw this last night and was REAL surprised to see it happening. I can't remember the last time I was already in a hand and folded to a raise.

I think you are over playing the tricky.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:36 AM

Actually, I never fold to a single raise preflop and almost never to a 3-bet.

You are probably right about the river fold, I sometimes make play like donkbet flop and turn with middle/small pair and check fold the river. Also, when a relatively passive guy raise or check raise turn or river, I fold most of the time. How high one's aggression factor has to be for me to call down with TPGK?

As for defending the blinds, I usually call with Qxs+, sometimes when HU I call with Axo K8o+ or JTo+. I call with pairs and ATo+ KTo+ QJo+. I also call with suited connectors above 4-5 and sometimes one or 2 gap suited connectors. What should I change? Also, could you please tell me what to do agaisnt differant types of player, like 50/5/0.5, 30/20/3 and 15/10/1.5.

As for the small blind, I am soooo lost. I dont even have a clue on how to defend. When to 3-bet? with what?

Thank you, I really appreciate the advices.