Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Wrong # of chips given at start of tourney

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) What should my buddy have done and when should he have done it? Realise he wasn't even sure how many chips he is sposed to start with (1st time he played this tourney. . .it wasn't til he talked to me, at the 1st break, that he was sure somethin' wrong had occurred).

[/ QUOTE ]
What he should have done is notify the dealer and TD before the flippin' tourney started. Doing things this way...waiting until you bust and then narcing on the table...is about the worst combination I can imagine. While it was to your benefit, you said nothing. You wait until 2-3 hours into it to tell someone AFTER you've busted? And not a person at the table said anything during that entire time?

Sounds like an overall grand buncha people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

TO all the people wanting to add chips or take away chips, you are all wrong.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know how to fix this, myself. My first reaction was "disqualify the whole table of cheaters". But...that's not fair to those couple players there who really did not count their stacks, or who did not know how many chips they were supposed to start with--you get plenty of n00bs playing in Venetian's tourneys.

I'm inclined to not change anything at this point in the tourney. 6 levels? And there has been no table balancing done? Nobody transfered to the table or away from it? Just feels like the ship has sailed. I dislike taking away 1500 chips from the current players. I dislike (less) adding 1500 to the others. I think I'm inclined to just say it's no longer correctable.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:27 PM

as punishment, im more inclined to give everyone else 2k chips.

But yea, I don't think there's an easy fix. Everyone count your chips when you start! I see everyone do this in most AC tourneys I've played. And I always do too.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) What should my buddy have done and when should he have done it? Realise he wasn't even sure how many chips he is sposed to start with (1st time he played this tourney. . .it wasn't til he talked to me, at the 1st break, that he was sure somethin' wrong had occurred).

[/ QUOTE ]
What he should have done is notify the dealer and TD before the flippin' tourney started. Doing things this way...waiting until you bust and then narcing on the table...is about the worst combination I can imagine. While it was to your benefit, you said nothing. You wait until 2-3 hours into it to tell someone AFTER you've busted? And not a person at the table said anything during that entire time?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent solution if the TD has a time machine. That not being the case, the question is what should the TD do with the information now that he has it hours after the tourney has started?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent solution if the TD has a time machine. That not being the case, the question is what should the TD do with the information now that he has it hours after the tourney has started?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing, maybe make a mental note of who the people are that accepted the extra chips. The time to correct a mistake is when it occurs. There is no resolution to something that happened (or possibly didn't) hours ago.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:09 AM

Hi all my name is Tim Mix and I am the TD at The Venetian and I would like to clear this up. Anthony the tournament coordinator called me when he was informed that some one thought they had received to many chips. I told him to do a chip count which is easy for us to do since we log every chip that goes out before the start of every tournament. When this was done there were about 1,300 more in tournament chips out than the 7,500 times the number of players. This is common due to the fact that there are some seats which never get sold that are dealt in and blinded off. Second no player was ever docked 1500 in chips. Both of these are complete lies. I would really like to know where you came up with 8775 for a chip count i mean if your going to make up a story atleast put something together that is somewhat reasonable.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:25 AM

Hello this is Anthony Chester the tournament coordinator that was running yesterday's noon trny. Yes it was brought to my attention that there could have been a mistake the starting chip stacks at table #27. At the break I did do a chip count of the remaining tables, and just like our TD Tim Mix said in the previous post there was 1375 more TC then there should have been. Total chips in play were to be 570,000 TC there were 571,375. So there was no mistake at table #27 the extra chips came from the unsold seats that were blinded off during the 1st level that we alow late registration. The player that let me now about the possible mistake could have miscounted his chips. Also I did not take 1500 TC from anyone or give 1500 TC to any other players.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 PM

I notified the floor after I busted out then walked away. I went back to over-explain my rationale for the late notification and during that final contact with the tournament coordinator these two things were said by him;
1) "Your table started out with 9k each....[Just wait around and see how I handle this.]"
2) "I'm gonna dock every player that started at table twenty-seven 1500 that is still in the tourney."

After hearing #2, I fled the area, so whether the dock happened or not, I don't know.

I'm still fairly certain that I counted my stack at >7500 TC after the tourney started (five 1k chips, five 500 chips, twelve 100 chips, seven 25 chips). I'm also fairly certain that the stacks around me were very similar to mine, which contributed to my silence; a mistake I won't make again.

Either way, thanks for jumping in Anthony.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:30 PM

bht
stranger

Reged: 06/21/<u>05</u>

Interesting.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:44 PM

shrug - check my post history - I created my account in 2004 and didn't really use it for about 3 years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]