Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

My guesses:

[ QUOTE ]
Addai (shoulder): looked like he could have come back in but the the colts were up 15 and the clock was winding down. He stayed on the sideline and watched the finish without receiving significant medical treatment. I expect he'll be fine for TB next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll be fine, like you said, it was just precautionary that they kept him out.

[ QUOTE ]
Harrison (knee): Had a defender roll up on his leg from behind while blocking for Addai in the 2nd quarter. He came out for one play, then returned and caughta pass on th next play, extending his streak to 173 consecutive games with a catch (an NFL record to start a career). After that he went to the locker room and I didn't see him return.

[/ QUOTE ]

His coming back in speaks well. I was wondering about that too, but I'm thinking he'll be ok. They said bruised thigh on the telecast, so who knows.

[ QUOTE ]
Bob Sanders (shoulder): This one is a total mystery. I didn't see when he went out but he did not play the in the 2nd half. Obviously Bobzilla is known for 2 things: his incredible impact on the Colts D and his frustrating propensity to get hurt often. Matt Giordano played very well in his place, but he is not Bob.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll sit out practice and be questionable all week, then he'll play (and probably hurt himself worse).

[ QUOTE ]
Rob Morris (knee): This looked serious. Morris was carted of the field with his knee immobilized. Morris was the only LB that seemed up to the task of taking on Travis Henry in the first half. I think there is a strong possibility that he'll be on the IR and done for the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

They said strained knee so I'd imagine out 3-5 weeks just to be safe, after that he'll be week to week.

Cody
Old 10-01-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rob Morris (knee): This looked serious. Morris was carted of the field with his knee immobilized. Morris was the only LB that seemed up to the task of taking on Travis Henry in the first half. I think there is a strong possibility that he'll be on the IR and done for the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

They said strained knee so I'd imagine out 3-5 weeks just to be safe, after that he'll be week to week.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Strained knee often means they are waiting for the swelling to go down before they can do an MRI. Remember that was the initial diagnosis when Edge tore his ACL. They went about 3-4 weeks claiming it was week to week before he finally had surgery.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 PM

Well with those injuries at least the Colts have a home game albeit the resurging Bucs, and then a key bye week.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:48 AM

Week 4 week in review:

As I do these I try to keep improving them and making them worth reading, so this time I'm going to put what I said before the games in here as well.

HOU 16 @ ATL 26

Preview:

[ QUOTE ]
OVERVIEW: Whew, just what the doctor ordered. For the Texans, this should be like a bye week with the added bonus of getting to build some momentum. Since it's likely HOU can beat the Falcons without WR Andre Johnson, there seems little reason to rush him back this week. He'll be able to heal up while watching his team beat up on a team that's going nowhere in a hurry. This will give us a chance to see if the Texans are for real, as this is a game they clearly should win.
LOCATION: The game is in ATL, but given the mess the Falcons' franchise is in, that shouldn't matter.

HOU-27 ATL-10

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh what now. HOU apparently didn't get the memo that ATL was supposed to go 0-16 this year. They didn't come out hot and obviously didn't play well. QB Matt Schaub's homecoming certainly didn't go to plan. ATL jumped on top early and though HOU was able to close within 7 twice, they couldn't get over the hump.

Offense-B-
Defense-C
Special Teams-B-
Coaching-D+

DEN 20 @ IND 38

Preview:

[ QUOTE ]
DEN @ IND
OVERVIEW: Well here it is. For the past 5 years, DEN has built it's team seemingly for one reason: to beat the Colts. "Peyton beat us for 400 yards? Draft more CBs" "What? He did it again, trade for more CBs" etc etc. It finally seems to be working however, and DEN is giving up an NFL-best ~88 Passing yards/game. This game hasn't been hyped up very much but this may really be an early season "Unstoppable force v. Immovable object" game. Everyone is aware of what Peyton and Co. can do, but now we'll get to see if a Defense taylor made to stop them can put up a fight.
LOCATION: I can't think of one team in the NFL that wants to play in the Dome in Indy. To say nothing of the crowd noise, the carpet might give the edge to the Colts receivers despite the skill of the DEN corners.

IND-31 DEN-21

[/ QUOTE ]

Another week another methodical beating by the Colts. Watching this game, it felt like the teams were in a footrace and the Colts waited to start running for a while and then said "I guess I'd better take off now" and won by 10 lengths.
The Colts started slow, they punted their first drive, but scored on basically every drive there after. The IND defense began the game looking like the riddled D of days past, but after taking the first quarter off, they stiffened up and held the DEN offense in check.
The real story of this game were the injuries that hit the Colts. As I type this I see on NFL network that both RB Addai and WR Harrison are awaiting MRI results and currently have shoulder/thigh bruises respectivly. In addition to those OLB Rob Morris left with his knee immobalized.

Offense-A
Defense-B-
Special Teams-C
Coaching-A

Cody
Old 10-02-2007, 12:56 AM

Good Job Cody,

This Harrison Addai situation is something that should be somewhat troubling. I have no idea what the hell is up with Sanders. I hope the Colts fan keep us updated on what is going on.

On another note, I hope that bye week allowed the Jags to get healthy. The Chief's looked a little revitalized this week and I don't like that very much.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This Harrison Addai situation is something that should be somewhat troubling. I have no idea what the hell is up with Sanders. I hope the Colts fan keep us updated on what is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Harrison [censored] nails so I'm pretty sure he'll find a way to play. And he damn well better, because it's easy to miss a player that is likely the second best WR ever to lace up cleets.
Addai isn't hurt that bad, from what I hear, and the MRI was mostly precautionary.
Morris will probably miss a few, but since his knee was in pain, we can rule out complete ACL tear (those are painless) and hope for strain/sprain/contusion.
Sanders gets hurt all the time and the Colts will still go 12-4/14-2 without him. Just need him healthy for that playoff run.

[ QUOTE ]
On another note, I hope that bye week allowed the Jags to get healthy. The Chief's looked a little revitalized this week and I don't like that very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still not buying the Chiefs. If the Jags can bring their defensive pressure early, it's certainly enough to rattle Huard and as long as the secondary and keep WR Bowe under raps, JAX stands a decent chance.

Cody
Old 10-02-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Morris will probably miss a few, but since his knee was in pain, we can rule out complete ACL tear (those are painless) and hope for strain/sprain/contusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for absolute stupidity.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for absolute stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Have you ever seen an ACL tear (Hint: I helped the AT staff back at IU on occasion). Complete ACL tears are largely painless (that is, you can walk on it without a limp, just don't try pivoting), it snaps and recoils up. He could've torn it partially, that's true, but partially =/= complete, thus the distinction. He also could've torn both his ACL and his MCL, and I'm told MCL tears do cause a fair deal of pain (though I never saw both at once myself). Still he was able to try and put pressure on his leg and couldn't even set it down, this doesn't seem like an ACL tear, it would seem more like an MCL injury (notice he was moving laterally when he went down).

The good news is that there are 3 levels of MCL injury. Grades 1 and 2 can often heal by themselves as long as the knee is left immobal and braced. By grade 3, surgery is often the best call.

Needless to say, if he tore the ACL, MCL, and Meniscus then this is all a waste of time and he's gone, do not pass go...

So I'll repeat, "hope for strain/sprain/contusion."

Edit: if we had access to him, two questions could answer this issue "Did you hear a pop" "How bad did it hurt". Thankfully, that's probably a waste as right now his MRI results should be back from the hospital and sometime today we'll hear whether he's out 4-6 or going on IR. Since I'm a betting man, I'll take (wishfully) MCL sprain out 8 weeks. Also I can't find a replay vid of his injury, anyone have a link.

Edit2: I'm more worried about Marv's injury. That's one they've shown time and time again, and the Colts called it a "knee bruise" yet watching the tape, it's clearly not his knee hitting anything that's the problem. That doesn't sit well.

Cody
Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 AM

Rob Morris out for season
Old 10-02-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rob Morris out for season

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda hard to complain when Harrison, Addai, and Sanders got fairly good reports, but yeah that sucks concerning Rob.

It does sound more like a partial tear though with both the report and Polian saying he's "probably done". Of course that could just be convienient word choice, but still, here's hoping.

That said, even if it is an ACL and it's complete, the Colts rehab staff (or whomever they send them too) seems to be top notch. Former SS Mike Doss tore his ACL last year and was supposedly months ahead of schedule at the end of last season. Rob is 32 and at this point it will be a real test for him to come back, or just to see if the Colts keep him. Still it would be nice to see him leave wearing Blue, he's been a good example of toughness the last 7 years.

Cody

Cody