TT vs AKs (both spades):

Stove shows a bad case:

990 games 0.005 secs 198,000 games/sec

Board: 8s 6s 2d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 54.141% 54.14% 00.00% 536 0.00 { AsKs }
Hand 1: 45.859% 45.86% 00.00% 454 0.00 { TcTd }

For this reason alone that I would like to wait until I see a turn. I don't know if this is one of those situations where you are supposed to take the least worst of it, but if you have to lose the pot 1/2 of the time due to a scary turn, it is probably better than losing your full stack at a minimum of 54% to better hands and draws. Sure if I add on a bunch of big pairs and other club-hands, or equity would drop precipitously.

Ultimately, how do you feel about shoving PF? It seems that you would have FE and possible calls from hands like 88+ and big aces.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: HUSNG -- TT is fun.

I'll defer the calling on the flop line to others.

As for shoving preflop, you're shoving 1440 chips to win a pot of 60+100=160. He'll fold a lot, but when he doesn't you're crushed. See the post above about playing this vs an average opponent.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:07 PM

Your right, shoving pf sounds like a bad case.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:31 PM

Depends what kind of opponent you're playing.

I play a lot of guys that start min 3-betting me with a super wide range of hands (I, like most of you raise often OTB). If that's the case you can get a lot of players to see another street with hands that are terribly behind, or get Ax pairs on this board to shove over you on the flop.

A good reason to reraise preflop is that you've put in enough chips that it doesn't matter if villain only calls with hands ahead of you, there will generally be so many behind that he'll fold or if you're lucky even call with that it'll more than make up for it.

And I don't mind getting this in preflop against most villains.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is something like the third hand, nothing as far as reads go.

Stacks are 1500/1500 with 10/20 blinds.

I raise from SB with TT (no club) to 60, he minraises to 100. Sometimes I'll re-raise, but I elected to call here. Any arguments for raising -- and if you do, what to?

Flop comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He leads for 120 into the 200 pot. What's my move and why? If raise but not AI, what to and how do I respond to a 3-bet AI?

[/ QUOTE ]

I make it 300 to go pre-flop .

On the flop , I would definitely raise to protect my hand from over-cards . I would call $120 and raise another 300 or so . If you're pushed all in , you'd be getting about 2:1 odds on the call which makes the decision difficult . I don't think you can go wrong either way but I probably lean towards calling .
Old 10-31-2007, 08:22 PM

th 86 vs 22 question has really got me thinking. obviously 22 is marignally better than 86 (one hand up), but having 22 is only better if your opponent has precisely 86 (which they are unlikely to have if you have 86 anyway, as there are less 8s and 6s left in the deck). the advantage of 86 is that it is less likely your opponent has a set of 8s or 6s, and if they have a setof 2s you still have outs.

*maths interlude*

there is one combination of 88, one of 66, and 3 of 22 your opponent could have if you have 86, making 5 set combinations total.

there are 3 combinations of 88 and 3 of 66 if you hold 22, meaning there are 6 set combinations total.

*end*

this means that 86 is actually behind fewer hands. *BUT* that alone does not make it a better hand. over pairs have much greater equity vs it, which obviously weakens it. 86 also performs worse vs draws. I cannot be bothered to do the maths, but i am pretty sure its obvious that the better equity that 22 has against one pair hands more than makes up for the ONE additional hand it is behind.

This leads me to conclude that 22 is a much nicer hand to have in this situation as you would expect.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 AM

tmc,

Equity wise, 22 is better, as you said. I said flipping the cards over without a turn or river, so your 5/6 analysis was what I was aiming at. Nice work.

Ryan and Jay,

Thanks for the input. I'll need to think it over some more.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:52 PM

grunch

I rr pf to ~300.

On flop I'll make it ~400 and I'm getting it in most of the time on the turn. obv call if he shoves on flop.