Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Is it pointless to try and bulk up if you are a runner?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oops I meant to be responding to Slick Poppa's post.

But upon further reflection of my caloric intake I get the feeling like it won't work out. Going out 6 nights a week and sleeping in till 1:00 and only eating 2 meals a day is not gonna cut it calorie wise. Oh well I'm not gonna change that, so I guess I'll add the protein supplement and see if anything happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh. Yeah, having multiple goals while taking poor care of yourself is not good.

I came into this thread to post that probably one of the best ways to make this come close to working out is to be sure you get a ton of sleep every single day. Then I saw your post above and though, wuh-oh, this is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I definitely get enough sleep and I eat pretty healthy, but I just don't consume enough "good" calories because way too high of a percentage of my calories are from beer. I don't feel like changing that part of my lifestyle just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived in a frat house for 4 year and drank non stop but still worked out alot and got alot stronger. Maybe not to full potential, but still kept lean and looking good while drinking 4-5 days a week, prolly 80-90 beers a week.

I would just drink alot of water and eat when I got up then go work out.