Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: SB unraised pot, 76o
4-1 4 19.05%
5-1 4 19.05%
6-1 0 0%
7-1 6 28.57%
8-1 2 9.52%
9-1 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Actually making money - Forum Project

I'm in.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So each of you is starting your own website?

I noticed some people mentioned making a "money making website" can you expand on this more. What kind of website will it be? General content website that teaches people how to make money? Finacial information? Id be happy to discuss ideas with anybody to help them narrow their vision and focus on a cool idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

We haven't chosen a topic yet. If making sweet moolah is chosen as our topic then we'll have 50 different websites that you can help people with [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2006, 11:48 PM

Im interested in this idea : I have no idea how to make a website though.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:03 AM

What about a directory of some sorts for a given area... restaurants in a given area, with reviews
golf courses in a given area with reviews...

My thought was that niche markets are the way to go. Is this wrong?
Old 10-28-2006, 12:08 AM

I'm more interested in the learning process so to all that thinks this is kinda dumb/crazy, if I learn one thing whether that be how money is actually made or just learning about what kind of resource tools are available, ill be happy...that will make me one step closer to actually making some money via internet marketing
Old 10-28-2006, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We haven't chosen a topic yet. If making sweet moolah is chosen as our topic then we'll have 50 different websites that you can help people with

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Diablo's idea about targeting a demographic instead of a specific niche. Makes more sense from a marketing perspective. Is it too late to add it to the poll? Shouldn't we wait until we know who the members of the group are before we make the poll?
Old 10-28-2006, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We haven't chosen a topic yet. If making sweet moolah is chosen as our topic then we'll have 50 different websites that you can help people with

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Diablo's idea about targeting a demographic instead of a specific niche. Makes more sense from a marketing perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it make more sense for marketing? Just curious what you think.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:54 AM

I just think there would be too much overlap/not enough angles for one topic. So I also like DC's idea. Mind you I know very little about how this whole process works.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:11 AM

There have been several questions about this so I'll address it.
From what I have seen and read, really focusing on a specific niche is the way to go. The reason is that if you pick a broad topic for a website, you'll already be competing with a bunch of others for key search terms. The more focused you are, the more likely you'll hit the front page of google when someone types in a particular phrase. This is important because being on the frontpage of google for a particular search will get you TONS of traffic and traffic = $$$.
The reason for having us all pick a niche within a broader interest area is to leverage promotion from one another. Google can probably figure out that a link between two finance related sites is better than a link between a finance site and a sports related site. That's all.

Furthermore, if you have mentioned that you are interested in this project in the thread, but haven't yet emailed me, please do, since it will be difficult for me to browse through the thread and find out who is interested.
mxt196@yahoo.com

Also if you are interested and haven't voted on a topic, please do. The poll is about 20 or 25 posts into the thread.

Max
Old 10-28-2006, 03:13 AM

Maxtower, all:

I'm posting this late at night, and coming in midstream, but I'm interested in participating. My biggest problem is that my technological skills are deficient. I'm quite strong in written communications, so I think I could be quite helpful in creating and/or revising content.