Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Heroes Bitching Thread, 10/15/2007

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have an idea for all you haters, STOP WATCHING!

that's what I did with Lost partway through season 2. it was EASY

if you don't like it, don't watch, it's EASY

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you. You stopped watching LOST and by the last 8 episodes of last year it was easily the best show on television.

I can agree that if you never liked Heroes and are the type of person who never will, then there is no reason to watch. But the rest of us liked it and can see the awesome potential it has. Don't get offended when we hold it up to high standards. If we didn't care so much we wouldn't be complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...people bitch and moan because the show could be fantastic...instead its crap that occasionally achieves awesomeness. But most fanboys will be fed crap over and over again and willingly take it because well...they're fanboys.

The main problem is the showrunner/creator, Kring, isn't very good esp when it comes to writing. Its too bad Bryan Fuller wasn't running te show instead of Kring.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why NBC decided it would be a good idea to have the chick ape the power of a guy who is tied up in a steriods investigation. Also I'm not sure why one has to learn to do a 619. That was just dicky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it she was supposed to mimic Benoit somehow. So this is slightly better
Old 10-17-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have an idea for all you haters, STOP WATCHING!

that's what I did with Lost partway through season 2. it was EASY

if you don't like it, don't watch, it's EASY

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you. You stopped watching LOST and by the last 8 episodes of last year it was easily the best show on television.

I can agree that if you never liked Heroes and are the type of person who never will, then there is no reason to watch. But the rest of us liked it and can see the awesome potential it has. Don't get offended when we hold it up to high standards. If we didn't care so much we wouldn't be complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Lost was awesome and had potential. When it failed to deliver, that's when I stopped watching. From time to time I browsed through Lost threads and saw more of what I see here in the Heroes threads.

This show sux, they should do this. Why was there no Hiro and Peter OMG they weren't in there for 1 episode, they must be writing them out!!

Last year I was certainly more excited for new episodes. This season i'm like "oh yeah heroes is on tonight." I don't feel as excited, but I'm still enjoying it.

With that, here's my good/bad list for this season:

Good:

Clare, HRG, HRG+Haitain (sp?), Peter, Sylar, new girl with ability to learn abilities by watching, little time spent on nikki/micah, more light shed on the company

Bad:

the kid that flies "you may heal, but I never wanna see you get hurt" (worst line in the show so far), hiro, matt+suresh gay couple, brother+sister combo, vision girl...

that's all i can think of. overall i'm enjoying the season so far.

i can't wait to read future bitching threads, i look forward to seeing one each week all the way through the end =D
Old 10-18-2007, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think AlexMs power is to quote and reply to everything in a differenet post. 9 in a row, seriously??

[/ QUOTE ]

I should respond to one person with what I'm saying to someone else? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I should respond to one person with what I'm saying to someone else?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not so hard. Here, watch.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting sick of seeing Micah and Nikki.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually think Micah's a decent actor, for a kid. Both his cousins are horrific, partly because that Katrina crap is cheesy as hell.

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't know how to use his powers anymore. That's also why he introduced himself as Gabriel and not Sylar

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought Sylar had the virus, when he couldn't use his powers. But he seems like he doesn't have a fever or anything. And he's making the ticking sound again, so maybe he's coming back.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the cockroach perched on the brick which Gabriel uses before he takes off with the twins. Is someone affiliated with cockroaches trailing him, or does it have something to do with him alone?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's some other character. I thought it was the illusion girl, after the cockroach at the end of S1 and then we see that she saved him at the start of S2. But now that she's gone, I guess it's somebody else. We haven't seen anybody with animal-related powers; maybe a shapeshifter or antman sort of deal.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:40 PM

I think the ticking sound is just Sylar's "I'm bout to kill someone" sound.

I think the cockroach is just symbolic IMO. And I've thought there'd be an animagus in the show since mid season 1, but apparently Mr Muggles is still a dog.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should respond to one person with what I'm saying to someone else?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not so hard. Here, watch.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting sick of seeing Micah and Nikki.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually think Micah's a decent actor, for a kid. Both his cousins are horrific, partly because that Katrina crap is cheesy as hell.

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't know how to use his powers anymore. That's also why he introduced himself as Gabriel and not Sylar

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought Sylar had the virus, when he couldn't use his powers. But he seems like he doesn't have a fever or anything. And he's making the ticking sound again, so maybe he's coming back.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the cockroach perched on the brick which Gabriel uses before he takes off with the twins. Is someone affiliated with cockroaches trailing him, or does it have something to do with him alone?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's some other character. I thought it was the illusion girl, after the cockroach at the end of S1 and then we see that she saved him at the start of S2. But now that she's gone, I guess it's somebody else. We haven't seen anybody with animal-related powers; maybe a shapeshifter or antman sort of deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you responding to me with all that crap? I didn't say any of it, so stop quoting me like I did! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 04:27 PM

AlexM,
That's Assani Fisher's power.

CDS,
This reminds me a lot of the Transformers thread. Basically for whatever reason you seem to think
Not fulfilling it's potential is the same as being [censored] terrible.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but apparently Mr Muggles is still a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, he's not just "a dog". Mr. Muggles has won five local all-breed rallies, and two regional all-breed rallies.

He's also quite the power-walker.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:31 AM

Just got around to watching this week's episode today. Can't believe nobody's mentioned this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taskmaster