Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Warning! The Armageddon Date: 3/1/07. Prepare Yourself.

Through my current analysis of the legislative/political poker environment I have come up with a date, 3/1/07, when I think things in the poker world will get really, really, REALLY crazy. I call this date The Armageddon Date and here is what I think will happen by then: 1.) The money most players have in their online accounts will be depleted by then with little or no way to replenish this money; 2.) Even those who are still bringing in money now will have run out of cash by then or be extremely low, with no viable way to replenish it; 3.) ePassporte, the only remaining "safe" wallet, will have pulled out of the US market. Even now their service is poor. I give them no more than 2 weeks; 4.) No longterm viable solution will be found by the sites for receiving and sending money from and to players; 5.) More banks will be enforcing the UIGEA making the movement of money to and from the sites harder still. Bank of America and Wachovia have already started, with many more coming soon; 6.) There will be more arrests by the DOJ, some could come as soon as this week. This will put even more pressure on any entities involved in the transfer of money to and from the sites to pull out of the US market. It will also put a great deal of fear in any new money transfer business considering opening up shop in the US; 7.) Beacause of all this the great majority of players will adopt a "hunker down--stop playing till things look better" attitude-- as many already are-- which of course will be devestating to the sites, as you can imagine. To conclude, I think my date of 3/1/07 is accurate considering how fast things are already progressing. It could come a little sooner or later but The Armageddon Date 3/1/07 is a good choice. So mark it on your calendar. Etch it in your brain. 3/1/07. The Armageddon Date.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Warning! The Armageddon Date: 3/1/07. Prepare Yourself.

Please lock and ban. These posts are neither informative nor contstructive.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:10 PM

lol
Old 01-31-2007, 03:12 PM

you have some good points.

predicting a date is absurb.

paragraphs are your friend.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:16 PM

What, exactly, is your point? And can I call you a complete moron if your predictions don't come true? Actually, why wait:

You're a moron.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:20 PM

Armageddon? Hardly. Not while RPS for money is still an option.

http://www.worldrps.com/
Old 01-31-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5.) More banks will be enforcing the UIGEA making the movement of money to and from the sites harder still. Bank of America and Wachovia have already started, with many more coming soon

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, this is probably a troll, but I'll bite.....

Could you please elaborate on this? I have a Wachovia account that I opened for the sole purpose of transferring money to and from poker sites using Firepay/Netteller. It is also where I have deposited paper checks from poker sites. What exactly are they doing to enforce the UIGEA and how do you know this info?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please lock and ban. These posts are neither informative nor contstructive.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do provide some comic relief.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:32 PM

Beware the Ides of March! Caesar went down will online poker follow?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:35 PM

Deride the OP all you want for his style but he is more right than wrong. The losing players will run out of the money they have on the sites now sooner or later and their current funding methods will likely be no longer available. I don't think all that many of them will jump thru hoops to arrange for new ones. The winning, determined players will find a way and the Feds will close them as soon as they are found out.

The real problem is: Even if you can conduct your financial transactions will the games available be any good w/o the casual American players?
Closed Thread