Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

I propose the Bears draft Andre Woodson. What better of an anti-Rex could there be than the guy who just set the NCAA record with 296 passes without an interception?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
griese is not the answer. At all. He doesn't make good decisions and doesn't ever have enough positive variance to win a game, unlike rex.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not confusing Griese with Elway. But he's a better option than Rex. I've always liked you as a poster, bugstud. After my first post in this thread, I'd really like to hear why you feel this way.

[ QUOTE ]
As much as I don't like saying it, TJ > than current rb's if this fumble/game thing keeps up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if the fumble/game thing stops, I'm confident you're absolutely right.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
griese is not the answer. At all. He doesn't make good decisions and doesn't ever have enough positive variance to win a game, unlike rex.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not confusing Griese with Elway. But he's a better option than Rex. I've always liked you as a poster, bugstud. After my first post in this thread, I'd really like to hear why you feel this way.

[ QUOTE ]
As much as I don't like saying it, TJ > than current rb's if this fumble/game thing keeps up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if the fumble/game thing stops, I'm confident you're absolutely right.

[/ QUOTE ]

PFP (pro football prospectus) ran a bunch of simulations and whatnot, and looked at griese's past performances...and it comes up with orton being a better choice than griese. In summary it stated grossman is a huge plus vs those 2 when it comes to short/medium sideline passes.

I know it's not perfectly accurate, but look it at another way. If Griese looked better in practice, he'd be in there.
Another point in grossman's favor here is he's not losing the games here, but he's not winning them. In direct contrast to say AZ last year, he's having an ok start when the rest of the team is not performing well.

I can be completely wrong, but at this point I'm not convinced that a qb change is in order. I did want leftwich when he got cut, sadly he didn't come to chicago.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, aditya. I'm not really jumping on you; you were just the last one to talk about Griese so it's to you that I replied. But this:
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'll throw in a guarantee just cause it's fun. If the bears keep with Grossman at QB, Grossman will become really really good and the top 10 QB of the league (although he'll be somewhere near 7-10, but that's still good.)

[/ QUOTE ]
is comical. If you'd like to put together a bet which is null if Grossman is yanked before X point in the season, I'd be in. If you think Grossman will end the season with a top 10 qb rating, I'm in for $200 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obv you can't count performances up to now. And I'm guessing you want from this week till the end of the year. However, I'm 99% confident that Grossman will get pull much, much before that and it'll prolly happen this week. So, yeah prolly not gonna happen. I'd put up like 25 max on him cause well, its Grossman. And when I said "I guarantee", I sorta misworded and I meant to say "I hope." He seems like such a nice guy and is genuinely one of the guys that I hope will be successful.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:46 PM

grossman can't get it done and trading thomas jones was a mistake
Old 09-24-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope my sarcasm detector is correct and you were kidding that Plummer is an answer. I might have to stop being a Bear fan if they got that chop. Seriously, he's a downgrade from Rex.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry a little post game crazy reactions. I don't have any answers, there are a lot of problems with this team right now.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying as a Bears fan it would be bad if the Bears steamroll the Lions and Grossman has a big game? Then when the Bears play the Packers the next week at Lambeau Grossman will have a good game under his belt and his confidence back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that I'd much, much rather have Griese in to "steamroll the Lions." It'd be much better for the Bears if Griese was starting qb next week and had a boost of confidence and a feeling that he won't be hooked.

I really don't believe "steamrolling the Lions" would boost Rex's confidence that much, anyway. Do you think the boos would subside? It's not like he's only had one game to prove himself. Chicagoans haven't been hasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

McNabb is a great QB. The Bears offense isn't going to tear up the lions with either of their QBs. Unless your defense gets it together you will have trouble with the Lions.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I propose the Bears draft Andre Woodson. What better of an anti-Rex could there be than the guy who just set the NCAA record with 296 passes without an interception?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please no. Not because I don't like Woodson, but because I don't want to sit through the 3-13 season it will take to be high enough in the draft to get him.

I thought I was the last Rex supporter and have been defending him from the haters for 3 years. As of last night, Rex is dead to me. I also do not like Griese and he is obv not the answer. By default I really hope Kyle Orton starts next week. He showed a lot of promise in the pre-season, granted against 2nd and 3rd team defenses.

All of this could be a moot point when the infirmary report comes back. If 1 or 2 of Harris, Vasher & Briggs are out for an extended period, the Bears are in trouble.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I was the last Rex supporter and have been defending him from the haters for 3 years. As of last night, Rex is dead to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am in the same position. I know there are a lot more factors than just Rex that go into the problems with this offense, but he just isn't up to par.

I also wonder what Orton has to offer. Perhaps he has the talent to be a quality NFL QB? I obviously am not qualified to asses talent level of NFL quarterbacks. If all this sounds stupid I am pretty much in panic mode.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:31 PM

Steve Young actually said something intelligent today on Sportscenter or whatever show it was.

He said Grossman's approach to the game doesn't appear to be as serious as that of a great QB - Manning/Brady/Farve now or Marino/Elway/Aikman/Young/Montana in the 80's and 90's. As a result, he isn't improving and looks lost most of the time. This really made sense to me.