Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Lawyers hired

WilmerHale

In Wiki

DC Office...

[ QUOTE ]
Our unparalleled knowledge of how Washington works has been developed over more than four decades under the leadership of the Wilmer Cutler Pickering founding partners Lloyd Cutler and John Pickering, both of whom were honored in 2004 with lifetime achievement awards by The American Lawyer. We are the only firm to have had two partners serve as chief White House Counsel: Lloyd Cutler, who served as Counsel to the last two Democratic presidents, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton and C. Boyden Gray, who served as Counsel to President George H.W. Bush.

Solving Washington problems requires a broad range of skills including regulatory experience, policy advocacy, litigation, and the drafting and negotiation of agreements. It also requires the ability to craft an integrated approach to deal with multiple decision makers in Congress, the Executive Branch, and the courts, as well as with the media. WilmerHale offers unique capabilities in addressing Washington problems because the firm has deep substantive experience across the regulatory areas of greatest concern to business and because it has emphasized an integrated approach to problem-solving throughout its history.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-22-2007, 02:37 AM

I just don't seeing Neteller having a case. Neteller started because paypal pulled out of gambling market. Why? Because it was illegal! Neteller raked in millions because it was illegal. Did Neteller do anything a bank could not do? No just illegal transactions that other banking institutions didn't want to handle.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:52 AM

Nobody thought OJ had a case either, that's what the big guns are for.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Neteller started because paypal pulled out of gambling market.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neteller was founded in 1999. Paypal pulled out of the market in 2002. This caused the already existing Neteller to gain in popularity and eventually become the leader.

I expect that at some point, EPassporte or some other privately held company will take over the market, just as Neteller did before them.

SF
Old 01-22-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I expect that at some point, EPassporte or some other privately held company will take over the market, just as Neteller did before them.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the DOJ doesn't go after them too...
Old 01-22-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the DOJ doesn't go after them too...

[/ QUOTE ]
*As long as thier executives stay the hell out of America. Seriously, you know the DOJ isn't going to be happy with you , why risk it? Especially after the betonsports thing.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:42 AM

So, back to the first question? Has anyone had a payout process yet? Or is everyone still waiting on neteller? Are they letting you know whats happening? Or is everyones EFT still processing?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:03 AM

Still processing.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Neteller Update...

[ QUOTE ]
Its kind of obvious neteller will eventually fold. I,im sure like others,have used neteller exclusively since i started playing poker online.I was thinking about firing up a new ewallet service.I know this is all speculation,but in your mind`s what service would you think would have the best odds of staying the course through all this nonsence?Click2Pay?EPassPorte? other?Like i said,i realize this is all guesswork,just would like to hear some thoughts on the options currently available.Obviously,companies could appear to fill this "neteller" void as well.But as the landscape exists now,who looks like the frontrunner to stay in this fight?

[/ QUOTE ]

imnsho, neteller will not fold, they have a profitable business, yes, it's a lot less profitable without the US players, but it will nevertheless still be a nicely profitable business.

They'll downsize their CS operation to match their customer base, just like Party did, and party is still doing quite nicely - there's plenty of loose money at party, plenty of players, and most importantly, plenty of fish.

I really feel for you US guys locked out by your own idiotic lawmakers, but you gotta realise that just because the sky is falling in america, it doesn't follow that it's falling everywhere else

It strikes me that your legislation has most to do with two distinct goals:

1. An attempt by the administration to use any available means to improve the terrible public perception of the position the administration finds itself in, and to distract the public from the terrible increasing human and financial costs of the war in Iraq

2. The financial lobby looking to the real possibility of deep recession in the US what with America's huge trade deficit, the continuing weakness of the dollar, and the enormous $ stockpiles under foreign nation state control. It's an attempt to plug a dambreak with a sticking plaster.

Poker is really an insignificant drop in the ocean when compared to the bigger forces at play.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't seeing Neteller having a case. Neteller started because paypal pulled out of gambling market. Why? Because it was illegal! Neteller raked in millions because it was illegal. Did Neteller do anything a bank could not do? No just illegal transactions that other banking institutions didn't want to handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine PayPal being based in San Jose, CA had a factor in them pulling out of the online "gambling" market, where as Neteller is based in the Isle of Man.
Closed Thread