Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 12:45 AM

Default My ship came in...too?

Just joined the table, no prior info at all:

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...

I confess I checked the flop from timidity rather than strategy, and now on the turn I have what may be the second best boat if someone was slowplaying tens on the flop. It would *really* help to have a read, but I don't. My first thought is raise/cap, my second is raise/call, but am I thinking at all?
Old 11-18-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: My ship came in...too?

I wouldn't ever raise here... what does it accomplish?
Old 11-18-2007, 12:54 AM

I think I'm with Aaron here. I'm pretty happy if exactly one bet goes in on every street because I don't think you can call a raise.

If you call and MP1 raises I think you have to fold. If SB checks the river bet/call only because I suck at bet/folding.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:01 AM

easy flop bet. The Aaron W theorem says just about always bet when checked to you when 2nd to act in a 3 way limped pot....and here you actually hit the flop so bet.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy flop bet. The Aaron W theorem says just about always bet when checked to you when 2nd to act in a 3 way limped pot....and here you actually hit the flop so bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

We ran into some misunderstandings with "Clarkmeister's Theorem" so maybe that should be downgraded to "Aaron W's LAGtastic idea"
Old 11-18-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, how about a 5-way limped pot with slightly better cards:

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...

Not a whole lot more info on these folks, just numbers. Lovely high VP$IP table led by the LAG at my left (79/19/3.6), a TP in MP2 (22/0/0.4), a bleeds money in MP3 (62/5/0.5), a calling station on the button (41/3/0.5), and a fish in SB(43/1.6/0.5).
Old 11-18-2007, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy flop bet. The Aaron W theorem says just about always bet when checked to you when 2nd to act in a 3 way limped pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Just about always? Gosh, the concept of value bluffing is still very often leaving me confused. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

How much is "just about always?" Like, how important is texture of flop, villains' play style, and my table image? Does "just about always" mean I'm going for it like 95% of the time, and I'm only not going for it if the situation is REALLY bad?

I'm just kind of confused by what this all means. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And I definitely appreciate your help in clarifying a concept that has confused me so terribly recently. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 08:17 AM

well just about always may be going to far as always 'it depends'. do I bet any two cards in this spot when against 60/5 stations who goto SD. hell no. But it is worth a bet alot especially when a bluff alot of the time (opponent dependent) is immediately profitable if you can beat the 3:1 odds the 3 way limped pot presents.