Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: ZMA

ive gotten sick every time I have taken it...
Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 PM

You need therapy.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:00 PM

Alright I've been having some seriously f'd dreams now that I've been taking ZMA more regularly. This is either placebo or reality. Either way I blame you guys.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:27 PM

are the dreams so bad that you'd stop? I just purchased some ZMA and I'm getting it on Saturday so I'll trip report it for sure but I'm curious.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:30 PM

people, please stop buying this worthless placebo, unless you REALLY like vivid dreams.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 PM

i like the vivid dreams, thanks guys for sharing this info.

as for useless, most guys are deficient in magnesium and, if they um, you know, ejaculate daily, deficient in zinc too (maybe). the only thing I would say is that if you take too much zinc you might get copper deficient, I'm surprised they didn't put like .5 mg copper in the ZMA.

actually I've always taken magnesium supplement and sometimes zinc, I just never knew if you take it before bed it will dream you.

anybody know if this dream effect is dependent upon diet, I mean if you take it before bedtime with a snack, will it not have the dream effect (for those that don't want it). I mean tryptophan was a sleep inducer but you couldn't take it with any protein source, although carbs were ok (cause the other amino acids would crowd out the trptophan out of the blood brain barrier and it wouldn't get to the brain)
Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people, please stop buying this worthless placebo, unless you REALLY like vivid dreams.

[/ QUOTE ]
shut up about it being a placebo -- it's no more a placebo than a serving of spinach/bananas is. obv it will have a different effect on people, like a vitamin. but if you are having crazy dreams, you know its working. more REM sleep means higher testosterone levels and this has been proven in studies.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 PM

Welbutrin gives you vivid dreams too but i never hear any bodybuilders recommending it.

edit: if you guys have money to waste, go ahead and keep buying ZMA. a placebo is better than nothing for some people.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody know if this dream effect is dependent upon diet, I mean if you take it before bedtime with a snack, will it not have the dream effect (for those that don't want it). I mean tryptophan was a sleep inducer but you couldn't take it with any protein source, although carbs were ok (cause the other amino acids would crowd out the trptophan out of the blood brain barrier and it wouldn't get to the brain)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're supposed to take it on an empty stomach before bed. Calcium and zinc compete for the same uptake in your body (the same receptors or whatever...i suck at biology), and your body much "prefers" calcium, so taking the ZMA with other food is basically useless apparently (or at least far less useful)

-Mike
Old 09-19-2007, 12:19 AM

I am being serious. I bought ZMA, and have taken it twice. I got sick both times(vomitting). Is this normal? The 2nd time I made sure I didnt eat within a few hours of taking it. The first time I ate within an hour of taking it...