Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
As mentioned before, I traded Juan Pierre for Orlando Hudson to fill my 2B gap. Now someone just proposed Ramon Hernandez/Shane Victorino for Russell Martin. As of now I'm pretty much giving up the SB category, but is this worth it or is Hernandez going to stink up the joint in the 2nd half?

My team is on the 2nd page of this thread if you want to look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I'd hold on to Martin.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As mentioned before, I traded Juan Pierre for Orlando Hudson to fill my 2B gap. Now someone just proposed Ramon Hernandez/Shane Victorino for Russell Martin. As of now I'm pretty much giving up the SB category, but is this worth it or is Hernandez going to stink up the joint in the 2nd half?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed
Old 07-05-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

[/ QUOTE ]
Its a horrible trade for you. Its essentially a downgrade for you at C and you get a 4th OF who doesn't even play everyday.

btw, please write your lineup, saying "its on the 2nd page" is useless as this thread is only one page for me, and most people are too lazy to look through posts for a specific one
Old 07-05-2007, 11:57 AM

What is everyone's opinion of Mark Reynolds? I manage in a deep keeper league and I have both Tejada and Reynolds. I've heard some people say Reynolds is going to be a future star at SS. Is this accurate? If so, can I trust him to produce next year (if so, I can trade Tejada in the off-season).
Old 07-05-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is everyone's opinion of Mark Reynolds? I manage in a deep keeper league and I have both Tejada and Reynolds. I've heard some people say Reynolds is going to be a future star at SS. Is this accurate? If so, can I trust him to produce next year (if so, I can trade Tejada in the off-season).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Reynolds, but mostly as insurance for both Drew and Tracy. the trouble is that the Dbacks corner infield situation is dicey - they have Tracy, Reynolds, Jackson, and Tony Clark, and obv. no DH. and Drew looks locked in at SS.

another question - I need some SP depth, and want to trade Dave Roberts. I have no spot for him at all, now that I am getting steals from Victorino and Corey Hart and a couple others.

is Boof Bonser ok value here? Glavine? Maddux? these guys wont have to start every game, I will use them in good matchups.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reynolds showed good power in the minors, but he struck out a lot. The K's have continued at the major league level. You're probably looking at a .250-.270 hitter with 20-25 HR power. He's not going to move ahead of Drew at SS, so his best chance is Tracy or Jackson getting traded. I wouldn't trade Tejada with the plan of using Reynolds at SS.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:55 PM

Zod,

If you can get any of those three SP for Dave Roberts, take it. I'd rank them in this order:

Bonser (it's a keeper league, right? this is the guy you want)
Maddux
Glavine
Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zod,

If you can get any of those three SP for Dave Roberts, take it. I'd rank them in this order:

Bonser (it's a keeper league, right? this is the guy you want)
Maddux
Glavine

[/ QUOTE ]

tx, yeah, and Bonser is only $1
Old 07-05-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reynolds showed good power in the minors, but he struck out a lot. The K's have continued at the major league level. You're probably looking at a .250-.270 hitter with 20-25 HR power. He's not going to move ahead of Drew at SS, so his best chance is Tracy or Jackson getting traded. I wouldn't trade Tejada with the plan of using Reynolds at SS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for the advice.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your offense is very good...

but you havent told us: a) what your pitching is like...b) what your categories are

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard categories: R, RBI, HR, SB, AVG... W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

C: Martin
1B: Hafner
2B: Kendrick (for DL'ed Upton)
SS: Jeter
3B: Aramis
OF: Beltran
OF: Sizemore
OF: Jason Bay

SP: Sheets
SP: Harang
SP: Hamels
SP: Bedard
SP: K. Escobar
SP: S. Marshall
SP: J. Germano
SP: A. Miller
RP: K Rod
RP: Saito
RP: K. Gregg
RP: Al Reyes (probably soon to be dropped due to injury

It is daily roster updates so I'm able to get 4 closers + 3 starters in each day, which is almost always enough slots to get all 8 starters in for all their starts.