Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 08-02-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Tell me about Estonia and Latvia....

Thinking of going either to those two places - have heard the ladies are incredible (I can vouch for Latvia - the three girls I met in NYC were amazing and nice). But also heard good things about Croatia and Slovakia. I guess I could turn the Estonia/Latvia trip into a sort of Helsinki/Stockholm/Talinn/Riga combo which also would be cool. I've been to Stockholm so would be more into Helsinki - isn't it like a short ferry ride from there to Estonia?

One thing that really worries me is that all the ladies will be somewhere else on vacation like the rest of the world in late August. Also, given all the idiotic British bachelor parties there are I'd hate to go somewhere and find out it's like being in London with 500 English hooligans running amok (no offense to any Brits!).

Thx!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Tell me about Estonia and Latvia....

Hotter women in Estonia then in Helsinki although there are quite a few there.

Yes, there is a ferry you can take to Tallinn from Helsinki. It's pretty cheap. It also might be worth it to check out St. Petersburg. Tons of hot exotic looking women there too. There's a train you can take from Helsinki to St Petersburg that is pretty cheap. It helps if you know some Russian though.

If you go to Stockholm you might want to go to via train from Helsinki to Turku. There's a university there and fewer Americans visit so you'll stick out a lot more and be more popular in clubs. Plus Turku is kinda a cool city.

Be aware that everyone under 40 in Helsinki or Stockholm will speak English but not so much in the other countries.

Also, most people take their vacations in June or July. August should be pretty good, be aware that the weather can turn chilly though.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:40 PM

Totally agree w/ esad. Lived in Russia for four years and traveled throughout Eastern Europe. Can confirm that the ladies are smoking hot in Latvia and Estonia.

I would recommend visiting both places but I would lean toward Estonia since it’s easier to visit other places.

Love the plan of taking the train from St. Petersburg to Helsinki then boat to Tallinn (Estonia). In Finland, go to the Helsinki Club and mix it up. Be sure to bump into some ladies, apologize, then say "yes, I am American" when they ask. This move would not work well in many countries but it's effective here.

Take the slow boat to Tallinn - under no circumstances should you take the fast boat. Sure, the fast boat takes less than half the time, but everyone barfs and the ride is the terrible. No joke, I would rather break my ankle again than set another foot on that fast boat.

In Tallinn, enough people speak English.

If you're feeling adventurous, take an overnight trip to Tartu if the students are around - it's apparently the oldest university in Eastern Europe and the kids are mad fun & very cool.

The Riga angle is ok. It’s a small town but the kids love to party. If you solely care about the exotic factor or partying & chicks, this is a great stop, but the scene is equal to Tallinn. Lots of degenerate expats in Riga and it’s cheap to do things that may conflict w/ your moral compass.

Slovakia – it’s a yawn.

Be prepared to hit the clubs and stay out late.

Be sure to post a write-up if you go.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:43 AM

In general, the economic conditions are considerably worse in all the ex-Soviet satellites, and Russia itself, in comparison to other European nations. It can be a scary experience for those not prepared for it.

However, the women are world class, especially in Estonia and Latvia. If marrying/fornicating with model quality girls is your priority, then go East young man.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:13 AM

I have a friend who did a stint in the peace corps and lived in Ukraine for a year. He said the economy was incredibly depressing. He said the women were cute but it wasn't worth it as the living conditions were awful and a lot of the men drank way too much and were really hostile.

Do girls in these countries seriously want to marry foreigners? Why would a guy marry a girl from one of these places? It seems obvious that any girl who is willing to do this is just using the guy for a meal ticket and will divorce him as soon as possible.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who did a stint in the peace corps and lived in Ukraine for a year. He said the economy was incredibly depressing. He said the women were cute but it wasn't worth it as the living conditions were awful and a lot of the men drank way too much and were really hostile.

Do girls in these countries seriously want to marry foreigners? Why would a guy marry a girl from one of these places? It seems obvious that any girl who is willing to do this is just using the guy for a meal ticket and will divorce him as soon as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points but I'd point out that US guys have the most to lose here what with our incredibly pro-woman divorce laws [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] - not so sure Europeans have as much to be concerned about - I think European laws actually tend to be pretty fair and/or favor the man in some cases. Considering the state of marriage over there in general and the fact that most of the women outside Britain, Germany and Switzerland are pretty hot in Europe I don't think they need to shack up with the E. Europeans anyway!!

Thx all for the country advice. I've been to Slovakia and actually found the ladies there pretty attractive. Also have spent a lot of time in Poland and think that they are the best looking group of women I've ever seen, so will be interesting to compare them with Estonia and Latvia.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do girls in these countries seriously want to marry foreigners? Why would a guy marry a girl from one of these places?

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question

[ QUOTE ]
He said the economy was incredibly depressing...a lot of the men drank way too much and were really hostile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Abuse and alcoholism amongst men in these countries is very high. Yes, there are a ton of women who honestly want to meet a nice western man. Like women around the world they want to settle down and eventually have children in a nice stable environment with a man who is normal and doesn't beat them every day.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In general, the economic conditions are considerably worse in all the ex-Soviet satellites, and Russia itself, in comparison to other European nations. It can be a scary experience for those not prepared for it.

Interesing comment - I did not find Poland, Slovakia or Hungary scary at all (maybe bc I live in NYC). Sure stuff is dated and not a whole lot of modern things in general but by and large I got around find. Perhaps the Baltics and places like Romania and Bulgaria are a little more sketch.

However, the women are world class, especially in Estonia and Latvia. If marrying/fornicating with model quality girls is your priority, then go East young man.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-08-2007, 01:26 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that the conditions in the Baltic States are much better than they are throughout the rest of the ex-USSR. Supposedly permission to vacation there was a sought-after privledge in Soviet times. Can someone confirm/debunk that for us?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that the conditions in the Baltic States are much better than they are throughout the rest of the ex-USSR. Supposedly permission to vacation there was a sought-after privledge in Soviet times. Can someone confirm/debunk that for us?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, you can't compare estonia with ukraine (it's like camparing us with mexico).