Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 01:23 PM

Default 99 OOP 50 nl

no read on opponent, just sat down. before each call, villain took a long time. I showed aggression both pre and on flop, but seemed like he wasnt going anywhere...

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $49.50
BB: $50.85
UTG: $25.95
MP: $46.55
CO: $56.95
BTN: $51.80

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB folds, CO calls $6

Flop: ($16.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $11</font>, CO calls $11

Turn: ($38.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: 99 OOP 50 nl

you've got second pair on the board and an open ended draw. flop call could very well have been a spade draw or whiffed overs. overpair or a ten, but i like to hope to see someone playing back at me with top pair/overpair on that board. i shove this one and make him pay to draw out on you.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:54 PM

Check/Fold this turn. Not many villians are going to be calling you preflop, and on this flop with a hand that is worse than 99.

I'd also prefer a slightly bigger flop bet.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:02 PM

i'd bet 12-14$ on flop
as played, bet turn again, that's a nice card for you and you're definitely still in the lead
Old 11-12-2007, 02:07 PM

keep betting here

there is no reason to think we dont have the lead here and at worst we have a bunch of outs.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:01 PM

well, if you're gonna bet it, you're taking it to the felt. betting half the new pot leaves you with 12 bucks, and are you laying down 12 to a reraise?

after looking through some potential ranges in pokerstove i think we're flipping coins here. MAYBE you get a little fold equity with a shove on the turn. but you're essentially getting a little better than 2:1 on your remaining stack, and some of the best ranges i can realistically put this guy on give you like 38% equity at best...

i disagree with Star that there aren't plenty of hands you're ahead of, but there are a lot you're really behind to, as well. you can check/fold it down and pick a better spot , but i think i'd shove and take roughly a coinflip if you get called. hopefully he's the kind of villain that isn't gonna stack off on a flush draw and you take it down there. i just think i see a lot of broadway spades calling for the flush on that flop and (hopefully) yielding for the last 30 bucks i'm betting on the turn.

FWIW, this is the range i think makes the most sense, which gives you a 38% stake in this pot...

TT+,88,44,ATs+,KsQs,QJs,JsTs,65s