Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Default felted on a set by relative unknown, standard?

Ho often should i actually be worried about going tothe felt here against a relatve unknown? i only had 60 hands on this player and was seeing a 30/8/3

figured for an overpair or something like AQ, QK, QJ...

my line played out just how i wanted it to, C/R and play for stacks on the turn. problem was i saw him flip pocket 10's when the money got in...

"that's poker" or "you're a donk, he'll enjoy your stqack again in teh future" ?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($123.85)
UTG ($126.85)
MP ($33.50)
CO ($36.95)
Button ($73.65)
Hero ($105.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($8) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($16) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $52</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $131.35 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $46.45 (All-In).

River: ($212.90) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $212.90
Old 11-11-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: felted on a set by relative unknown, standard?

c/r flop
Old 11-11-2007, 06:12 PM

Sigh. This is sooo standard.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:20 PM

What is there to say? Set over set, nothing u can do.

Except maybe checkraise that superdrawy board...
Old 11-11-2007, 06:30 PM

yeah. if i had C/R'd flop it would have turned out the same way, but i guess over a million of those preflop/flops it puts me in a better spot.

just trying to calm down now before i start playing again and wanted ot make sure i shouldn't feel too badly about this one. been breakeven for the last month and a half and it's wearing on me.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:32 PM

raise flop
Old 11-11-2007, 06:39 PM

yeah, like i said, i agree on this hand played out a hundred times that's a better line. no reason to give a cheap shot at the flush or str.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah. if i had C/R'd flop it would have turned out the same way, but i guess over a million of those preflop/flops it puts me in a better spot.

just trying to calm down now before i start playing again and wanted ot make sure i shouldn't feel too badly about this one. been breakeven for the last month and a half and it's wearing on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont worry man. We all have streaks like this. About a month ago I lost 65% of my roll on 4 days when I was playing NL 50 and I felt like crap. Seemed like nothing seemed to work out and I just kept playing unoptimal poker, being too scared to push the money in when I had the best hand and not being able to fold the 2nd best hand out of frustration. And needlessly to say, lost a lot of pots I was "supposed" to win. It was honestly tough to go to bed after a day like that.

Eventually I grinded my way up, noticed that good hands started to hold, maybe even won a few coinflips in a row and got my confidence back. Started to trust my instinct when to fold the 2nd best hand and when to push with what's likely the best hand, and results started to improve drastically. Now I'm playing solid aggressive poker at NL 100 (got the roll for NL 200 but not the confidence yet) and rolling good. If you're a winning player the same will happen to you sooner or later. Just have patience and confidence.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:07 PM

either lead, or c/r flop