View Poll Results: Asshole?
Yes! 23 74.19%
No! 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: I don\'t feel like waiting until tomorrow night- NFL POWER RANKINGS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I remember all the hype on Vince last year and yea he had some good games but there were some games in which he was getting some undue credit. Last year against the Jags he had like 80 yards passing and 5 yards rushing and the Titans didn't score an offensive TD but made a great comeback scoring defensive and special teams td's. That night all the highlights were talking about how Vince willed the team to victory and how he just knows how to win blah blah blah. Point is, I think their luck is about to run out. They play like they did Sunday this week against the Bucs and they don't have a chance at winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally a man of some intelligence. I can only assume that people that are high on Tenn haven't seen them play.

[/ QUOTE ]

They rushed for a franchise record at JAX, took IND to the last drive and have won something like 10 of their last 12 dating to last season. Admittedly they looked awful on offense yesterday, but the defense looked as good as any in the league.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I remember all the hype on Vince last year and yea he had some good games but there were some games in which he was getting some undue credit. Last year against the Jags he had like 80 yards passing and 5 yards rushing and the Titans didn't score an offensive TD but made a great comeback scoring defensive and special teams td's. That night all the highlights were talking about how Vince willed the team to victory and how he just knows how to win blah blah blah. Point is, I think their luck is about to run out. They play like they did Sunday this week against the Bucs and they don't have a chance at winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally a man of some intelligence. I can only assume that people that are high on Tenn haven't seen them play.

[/ QUOTE ]

They rushed for a franchise record at JAX, took IND to the last drive and have won something like 10 of their last 12 dating to last season. Admittedly they looked awful on offense yesterday, but the defense looked as good as any in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish Jax could have that Tenn game back. Henderson is fully healthy now, Stroud is in much better shape as is our Nelson. Our Oline is meshing now as well. Not to mention the Jags actually have a healthy kicker. Hopefully that loss doesn't eat at Jacksonville, because that was not a game they should have lost.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish Jax could have that Tenn game back. Henderson is fully healthy now, Stroud is in much better shape as is our Nelson. Our Oline is meshing now as well. Not to mention the Jags actually have a healthy kicker. Hopefully that loss doesn't eat at Jacksonville, because that was not a game they should have lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Because that was not a game they should have lost".....seems like a lot of teams end up saying that right after they play the Titans, no?

The Titans have the #2 defense in the entire league. I don't think you fluke your way into 9/11 wins in the NFL. Included in those 9 wins are: 2 wins over Jax, a win over Indy, and a 31-13 crushing of the Eagles ON THE ROAD. Hell it'd almost be 10 of their last 12 if they hadn't lost by just one point to the 13-3 Ravens.

This team reminds me of the Vick led Falcons teams that were legit contenders(NFC Championship one year, 2nd round of playoff one year, Vick got hurt in between and killed their chances). I find it funny too that everyone says that same thing about how Vick(Young) sucks and the D carries them...but in both instances when you look at the team's record without the QB they are simply horrible.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Because that was not a game they should have lost".....seems like a lot of teams end up saying that right after they play the Titans, no?

The Titans have the #2 defense in the entire league. I don't think you fluke your way into 9/11 wins in the NFL. Included in those 9 wins are: 2 wins over Jax, a win over Indy, and a 31-13 crushing of the Eagles ON THE ROAD. Hell it'd almost be 10 of their last 12 if they hadn't lost by just one point to the 13-3 Ravens.

This team reminds me of the Vick led Falcons teams that were legit contenders(NFC Championship one year, 2nd round of playoff one year, Vick got hurt in between and killed their chances). I find it funny too that everyone says that same thing about how Vick(Young) sucks and the D carries them...but in both instances when you look at the team's record without the QB they are simply horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the Jaguars the same team they were when Tenn beat them last season, let alone in week one? The Jaguars lost, I understand that, but with a kicker the game is at least tied in the 4th maybe JAX up. I'm completely bias and dislike the Titans greatly so I'm sure I'm blinded in this situation. I just don't see VY as being an above average QB in this league and I've said that since he was drafted.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:46 PM

The Eagles are too low. I'm a 49ers fan and can agree that having them above anyone but the bottom feeders is a joke. Sure, the defense is decent this year, but they have Trent Dilfer, some bad receivers, a hurt TE, and so far a bad Oline. The offense is a complete joke
Old 10-08-2007, 06:55 PM

According to DVOA and DPAR, Roddy White and Michael Jenkins are having MUCH, MUCH better seasons than they did last year. Improved catch rate, improved DVOA (fairly good ones too), etc. Admittedly, they are 3rd year starters, but they were HORRIBLE last year. Really, I think Harrington is a much, much better passer than Vick is.

However, Vick/Young's bootlegging is effective, and probably helps the run game. Young is probably slightly better than average right now.

Also, completely agree on/with SF.