Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Real Estate Market Timing

[ QUOTE ]
Stephen,

Not trying to bust your balls, you made a great call and should feel good about it. I've just been waiting my whole life for 8%+ mortgage rates thinking I would get great RE bargains and ride their appreciation when rates declined again. So far plan has not worked! And you aren't much older than some posters here, uh, not naming names.

Best,
Randy

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Randy

Ok now I understand your point...you were hoping for these rates to rise so RE would then fall/slow...thus giving you an opp.?

Question:

When you started looking/were able to purchase a home...what was the year and prevailing IR's at the time?

Stephen
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

BTW ...even though I am "go to work retired" ....I do feel quite old at 48 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
When I play in some of these 10k events I am AMAZED that half the field is as old as my 22 yr son...and they are damn good at poker too.At the FT of the USPC last October I was the OLE'MAN at 47...I think Dan Shak was a couple of months younger [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Real Estate Market Timing

I bought my current home 4 years ago and refied at the top to pull money out for my stock investments. Interest rates have never affected my home purchases, obv family needs trumps that. But I'd like to do some RE investing and then it would be a concern. But in reality if the cash flow works, I think the macro issues are almost immaterial. But I'd love to live in a era where it was commonly thought RE was a bad investment, can you imagine the opportunities?

fortunately I am a babyface and play every day with twenty something who think I am barely older. They once prop bet and I think the oldest guess was 35. Off by nearly a decade.