Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some people have said that AP traffic has not been affected so far. I think it has at the higher limits, but based on the amount of players in general, AP will probably survive, albeit with less profit, and the others will probably do even better.

[/ QUOTE ]
They keep growing, it's nuts. I just logged on a second ago and it's the most traffic i've seen in awhile. Bear in mind I haven't logged on in a couple months, but still.

[/ QUOTE ]
They do have an active prop program. Maybe we can hope it's just a bunch of props that they don't make money off of.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I could post examples if people care, but AaronBeen made a good point to me earlier today. And that is that it's very hard to do something like this over the phone. And even harder over AIM. Saying what eight or nine people have plus remember what someone has for the flop, etc makes me think there was no way POTRIPPER could play this fast without having the observer computer next to him so he could glance over. There are many hands where he makes pretty quick decisions that would be hard over the phone (unless #363 is just saying "fold", "raise to 160", "call", etc) and impossible over AIM.

In my mind, that makes me more convinced that the 2nd guy (user #2234890) was actually POTRIPPER and he clicked on table 9 in the middle of the event by accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are tons of screen-sharing programs out there they could be using - so that POTRIPPER could see whatever is on #363's screen. This would definitely be the way to go if say #363 were logged in from Absolute internally.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:50 AM

Oh yea, definitely. I use programs like that all of the time to access remote data gathering computers.

I pointed out that it could be done over the phone.

All I was trying to say is that the easiest solution is to be in the same room, which makes it most likely that user #2234890 is POTRIPPER in the AP user database.

It's not even close to a lock, it's just the simplest explanation.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:51 AM

I'm assuming everyone has looked through all the POTRIPPER hands and found no cases where POTRIPPER folds an overpair to a set, or a set to a straight, etc.?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yea, definitely. I use programs like that all of the time to access remote data gathering computers.

I pointed out that it could be done over the phone.

All I was trying to say is that the easiest solution is to be in the same room, which makes it most likely that user #2234890 is POTRIPPER in the AP user database.

It's not even close to a lock, it's just the simplest explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could see some kind of situation where Absolute's "security" measure for the super user account is that it must be on the local network or something. So the hackers have an inside guy, and some way to tunnel out a screen-sharing program. Assuming Absolute even tries to block those kinds of things.

In any case it looks like the theory where it takes a few seconds to get all set up on a new table is right, and now we know why. I'd be willing to bet the exact same thing happened when Seif said "be right back" then managed to completely run over the other guy, and open fold when he had flopped a FH. There are just too many correlations.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some people have said that AP traffic has not been affected so far. I think it has at the higher limits, but based on the amount of players in general, AP will probably survive, albeit with less profit, and the others will probably do even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

They keep growing, it's nuts. I just logged on a second ago and it's the most traffic i've seen in awhile. Bear in mind I haven't logged on in a couple months, but still.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't have AP on my computer, how much of this volume is like micro or small stakes though? do big games run often, and are the high buyin tourneys still growing in entries? bc obv the alleged cheaters are only going to be after big $.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:00 AM

In addition to being good for the game in the long run for this to come out, it will probably be good in the short run too. As all the Absolute fish who are oblivious to this will have to find a legitimate site. They won't all give up on online poker.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 AM

this chit pisses me off... makes me wonder about when i 3 tabled vs mizrachi h/u... he played like a maniac ... ill have to go back and look at hands
Old 10-15-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In addition to being good for the game in the long run for this to come out, it will probably be good in the short run too. As all the Absolute fish who are oblivious to this will have to find a legitimate site. They won't all give up on online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

the absolute fish arent ever going to know about it
Old 10-15-2007, 02:09 AM

Another thought here. It's possible there is no superuser account at all. Maybe it's as simple as the master HH file gets written out line by line, as it happens, or in chunks on each street. So all you have to do is tail the HH and see the preflop cards. Some inside guy is tailing the HH file and sharing it with POTRIPPER.
Closed Thread