Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Does anyone like this line

Villian is 16/14/4 over a decent sample.

I have a note that he bluffs/ over plays his hands when he smells weakness?

Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $80.75
BB: $39.00
UTG: $51.25
CO: $50.10
BTN: $9.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, BB folds, CO calls $5.00

Flop: ($14.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($14.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $20.00</font>, Hero calls $11.00

River: ($54.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets all-in for $23.10</font>, Hero calls $23.10
Old 10-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Does anyone like this line

I'd still rather lead out on the flop b/c of the diamonds. As played, I would just bet all in on the turn b/c there is too good of a chance that he will check behind on the river with pocket pairs, most Aces, and flush draws (but this is where only you know how good your read is). Betting all in on the turn will stack Aces and flush draws most of the time so go ahead and get it in.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd still rather lead out on the flop b/c of the diamonds. As played, I would just 3 bet all in on the turn b/c there is too good of a chance that he will check behind on the river with pocket pairs (but this is where only you know how good your read is). He would probably check behind on the river with most Aces and missed flush draws - which you likely stack those with a turn 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This is exactly how I play it.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM

I'd lead the flop, make any draw pay.

As played, I have a real hard time putting him on any hand that beats you, ok, 33 or 44 is possible but unlikely. I think you have to call.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM

I don't mind checking the flop but I don't like checking the river. Too much lost value imo
Old 10-03-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind checking the flop but I don't like checking the river. Too much lost value imo

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2007, 12:30 PM

I probably lead out on this flop as well, and I'd probably shove the turn if I didn't bet the flop.
With your notes/read however, this is a pretty solid line. But as has been mentioned above, you're occasionally missing value from pocket pairs which may just try for a free showdown
Old 10-03-2007, 12:31 PM

I don't mind the flop chk either. It's actually kinda sweet because with the Ad out there, villain is really unlikely to have a draw and we're only going to be getting paid by another A or a pp that starts bluffing.

nh, considering read.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:50 PM

Ok.

This was my thought process on the flop:

'He can have two diamonds, but thats highly circumstantial. I dont think he calls preflop with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He canot have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Thus he is highly unlikely to have a flushdraw (Villian is not an idiot, I Have not seen him call 3-bets light. If my read is right, and I check the flop he will overvalue his hand. Even if this is AT/AJ/AQ. I cannot get 3-streets of value from villian because my hand is far too transparant if I lead flop/turn/river.

On the turn I make a bet because I have to get value from my hand. When he raises me I think by calling my hand looks like KK/QQ/JJ hoping that he doesnt have the Ace.

I see people make this play on the turn all the time, but then they turn their hand face up and bet the river, a line which I think is highly transparent.

From villians point of view when I check the river if I have managed to convince him I am weak he will often have a worse weak hand. So he should not want ot get to showdown with a large part of his range, but should also think his line of raise turn, bet river is a line which represents something which beats KK. If he has AT then he will want to bet the river also, but this will be to get value from JJ/QQ/KK.

I also have no problem if he checks behind with air/88 etc because I do not think he calls the river with those hands anyways and I need to let him bluff me if he has a worse hand that can call a raise.

If he had an ace I think he would bet the flop. So I dont think I am really losing any value by checking the river.

Is this thinking fundamentally retarded?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:55 PM

ignoe me im gonna look at it tomoz, way to sleepy.